Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lake Effect Snow.... Round 2

except this time... I have snow boots and a smile on my face

Well, I must say... I am adjusting to the winters up here pretty well. I have determined that if you have the right gear (long wool coat, scarves, hats, gloves and snow boots) the weather is much more tolerable. Plus, it does help that I have a carport now, something that I didn't even have in Kansas! And, people actually KNOW how to drive in the elements up here, which makes me a lot more calmer behind the wheel. Nothing infuriated me more than driving out to Greenbush on HWY 47 and people in their tricked out SUVs are blowing past me.... UUUGGHHH. A small part of me hoped I would see their dumb asses on the side of the road later on and I would just whiz by them and wave. :) I am so evil.

I still wish I lived in Arizona or Florida where is it warm all the time, but I guess this will do for now :)

I am very anxious to start decorating our small, tiny apartment for Christmas, although I have no idea where to put the tree. I think I have Hicks talked into moving one of the recliners into his room to make room for the tree. :) If not, I know that a little Makers Mark and water will change his mind, haha. I hope to go over to the warehouse sometime this week and get my tubs of Christmas garb, my outdoor lights and my tree so I can get it going! YAY!!! I love all the sparkly lights and the ambiance it creates.... ahhhh.... :)

Jared is doing well in South Carolina and keeping busy. I miss him, but he has been going away for months at a time like this for many years, so I am used to it and it really doesn't bother me too much anymore. I always miss him, but absence does make the heart grow fonder and it gives us time to ourselves and realize how much we appreciate and love each other. Sometimes it takes a thousand miles to remember that... haha. I have a feeling he will come home a little spoiled from Marla's homemade cooking. Sorry darlin', your wife is not Betty Homemaker like Mar-Mar... deal with it :)

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was hoping for a picture of your new snow boots!! LOL

The weather is tolerable if you are dressed right and you are right about the people knowing how to drive in it. I still wave at the dumbasses that have flown past me to land in a ditch. Its a great feeling.

Hope you are having a good day. Take it easy sista from anotha motha.

Sarah said...

I hate crazy snow drivers. I wish the same thing for them. Just aslong as no one gets hurt. ;)

Make room for that tree girl. It is a must.

Sherry said...

I reall like the new layout! I wish you were here though. I really need a couple drinks and some chatters with you!

Jaime said...

I feel ya w/ the distance thing! It's not easy, but absence does make the heart grow fonder!

You know, you could always hang your Christmas tree upside down from the ceiling. It's the new thing! I know.... weird!

Love the new title pic & look =)