Sunday, December 28, 2008

Made it safe and sound

its good to be home


Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. I made it safely to Indianapolis on Tuesday evening... although it took me 7 hours when it normally takes 3. The roads were not bad the first part of the trip, but then it started raining and the roads were cold so it started to freeze. I never slid, but could tell it was slick so I took my time. Then they closed down the 465 loop to the west (which is the one I needed) because of ice and wrecks. I white-knuckled it and managed to bite off all my fingernails in those 7 hours, but I made it to the hotel.

My plane trips were great, just minor 10-15 minute delays, nothing big enough to whine about. I got into Charleston and the sun was shining, the Palmetto trees were singing in the breeze and a smiling Marla McClelland was waiting for me at the gate. Ahhh.... perfect!

From there we drove to meet the guys at the warehouse and I was so excited to see Jared I could barely stand it! It had been over a month since we had seen each other and it was so great to hug him and see his face again.

The rest of the week was spent eating (Marla and I cooked breakfast for the guys on Christmas morning and then she made quesadillas that evening), opening presents, having a few drinks and playing games. A laid back and fun time with our friends. Jared and I even got in a little alone time when we went for a nice dinner at Red Lobster and then some browsing around the Aiken Mall.

And, the best part is Jared got me a OU Sooners Championship Bowl Game shirt and an OU beer coozie for Christmas! YES! :)

Overall, it was a grand time until I had to leave Jared behind and then get extremely motion sick on the plane ride from Cincinnati to Indianapolis (we had to circle above Indy for 15 minutes because of thunderstorms and then entire time it was up, down, up down, side to side... ugh). To make matters worse it was a small plane. :(

But *sigh* I am home and I have a purring kitty cat on my lap and all is well. :)

Here are some photos from Christmas. I didn't take very many :( so I apologize for the lack thereof.

Jared and I on Christmas with my new OU shirt on. :)

Miss Marla Louise... soon to be Mrs Marla Kraft. :)

Jeremy will hate me for putting this picture on here :) We are enjoying yet another of Marla's fabulous meals... quesadillas.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. The weather was all wack here too!

Hope Santa was good to you!

Sherry said...

Looks like you had a good Chrismtas. I'm glad you made it there and back safely!

Sarah said...

Sound like you had a wonderful time. Glad your home safe and sound.