Thursday, December 4, 2008

Let it go...

I had an enlightening conversation and realization yesterday...


I have a new friend and I am as sure, as the snow is white, that God put her in my life for a reason. Her name is Erica, better known as my Mary Kay lady! I met her several months ago when she came into our office with her usual basket of goodies for us to try and ooohh and aaahhh over. When I started with Premier I sent her an e-mail, despite the fact I didn't know her very well, and asked her if she would like to host a Premier Show for me to help me get started and I also asked her for any advice she could give me as I found my way around the Independent Distributor business.

Her response then and her continued support now is astounding to me! She has rooted me on even when I wasn't so sure I deserved it. She has also helped me out every way that she could (despite the fact that I am not one of her MK girls) and she has provided some spiritual guidance when I have least expected it.

When we were planning our shows (she hosted a Premier party for me and I hosted an MK party for her) she kept the attitude positive by setting our goals high, believing in me, and reminding me to pray for a successful show. And, it turns out, our shows were both pretty successful!

Yesterday she stopped by the office and we were chatting about our jobs and finances, etc. I mentioned my frustration with our house in Kansas, how angry I am that it hasn't sold and how it has made life hard for Jared and I. She very simply asked me, "Have you let go of it yet? Have you let go and just let God take that burden and take care of it for you."

Wow. No, I haven't. This house is something that crosses my mind several times a day. I feel the muscles in my neck tense up everytime I think about it, everytime I hear anything about the housing crisis, or the recession. I really didn't realize until she said that how much anger and frustration I was causing myself because I hadn't just "let it go" yet. Plus, as much as I want it sold, a little part of me will always love that house. I bought it on my own and it was my baby and I was proud of myself and of that house.

Like I said in a previous blog, I have a hard time letting God just take control. I feel like I have to have my hand in everything and it is a constant battle for me to just say, "ok, it's in your hands." But, as Erica talked more about letting God take control and if it is His will it will happen His way I realized that I desperately needed to let go..... hand the mortgage over to Him. :)

So, last night.... I let it go....... I told Him to take good care of it and do what You think is best.

This morning on the Today Show they said interest rates for homes may be dropping. I started to get all excited and could feel myself trying to pull that house back in again. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and let it go... again....

Take good care of it...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right. Let it go, God has plans for it and only he knows what those plans are. The tension you are causing yourself could be energy spent on the jewelry biz or making your way up to see me! LOL

I still miss our first house and I think I will always. But letting go is so much easier than longing for it everyday.

Julie said...

Stacy,

Thanks for the blog. I could be reminded every minute to give things to God and I still forget. Nothing in this world is truly "Ours" - not even our husbands or our kids. They are all on loan to us from God and He is the one in control - always.

If you ever decide to enter the rental business w/ the girard house, let me know. I might know someone who is interested.

Jaime said...

You gave me chills. It is a very cute house! What a "coiincidence" this epiphany just came & today the housing market is looking up ;)

I know it will all work out!

Sarah said...

She is someone you need to keep around. Sounds like she is helping you in more ways than one. I understand your hold on your old house.

But letting go is the best thing.

Anonymous said...

what a great friend!! Very good story, i have done the same with many aspects of my life i couldn't control. I gave it to Him to handle. Sometimes thats all we can do. So far so good