Friday, December 12, 2008

My Dell is in the shop

:( damn spyware wiped it out

You may hear on the news this weekend that I have been placed in a padded room at the nearest mental institution or that I self medicated myself into a trance with chocolate, wine and advil or that I, out of boredom, actually cleaned and organized the house and marked items off my to-do list.

Functioning without my precious computer will be a challenge. No blogs to read, no Facebook status to update and read, no MySpace to stalk old friends, no Yahoo email... what will I do?

Keep my in your thoughts as I go through my "blogging" withdrawals this weekend. Are there 12-Step meetings for computer/blogging addicts? I might need to find a meetin'

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I feel for you! Hang in there. Go to a Cyber cafe or something to get your fix. ha ha

Barb said...

I am working on one right now, similar problem. I tried for 3 days to clean it. No luck. I had to finally wipe it clean and start new. Best thing to do is boot into safe mode, save your files and restore everything if all else fails. Most of them made by Dell and HP have a recovery feature built in. Usually I can clean one, but sometimes even I have to admit defeat to the Spyware and Virus demons!

Unknown said...

Miss you!!