a few signs that I am getting older
1. I drink coffee. Black with one packet of sweet 'n low. Never thought the day would come but now if I don't have at least 2 cups I am not someone to be messed with
2. I can play a song with all the cracks and pops my bones make
3. I stare at old pictures and say "if only I could be THAT size again" and "look, back when I had no grey hairs"
4. 10 o'clock is considered "late" on a work night
5. Can't quite handle the "work day" hangovers anymore
6. I prefer that Jared drop me off up front at the grocery store and I can get started on shopping while he parks the car
7. I am worried about retirement and social security
8. My high school reunion is in 2009
9. I use the phrases, "remember when, those were the good ole days, and I remember that song from middle school dances"
10. I spend massive amounts of money on anti-aging skin care items, hair color and a gym membership
11. I have a planner and it is full of work commitments and birthdays to remember
12. I don't understand "kids today"
13. I have said, many times "when WE have kids they will NOT act like that"
14. E-mail has become associated with work, therefore is no fun anymore
15. and finally, I have realized that playing "house" is not near as fun as it was when I was 4 years old.
Oh well... *sigh* life goes on. Lalalalala life goes on. :)
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Getting older
Posted by Stacy Birk at 12/11/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Oh this is funny and saddly true. We are old ladies knocking on 30. I have started my anti-wrinkle creams too. I have grey hairs and I too don't understand kids these days.
Ugggggggggg
LOL... Touché, touché
I'm not sure, but I think that means something along the lines of too true! ;)
Post a Comment