Monday, December 22, 2008

Blog-iversary

i just realized that I missed my blog-iversary!

I have been writing, expressing, story-telling, sharing, venting and crying over the Birk Bulletin for a year now and I have no plans to stop.

What started as a way to keep up with everyone, has become so much more. This year has seen many changes for Jared and I and I am happy to have shared my experiences (both good and bad) with my friends, family and other great bloggers out there.

It's not just about documenting your life and your experiences, but looking at your life and the life of others in new light. Being able to support each other, offer reassurances, and laugh at life's little challenges. It's about old friends catching up and finding new friends that make you wonder how you ever survived without knowing them.

It's about empowering women to speak up and speak out; to talk about things that are sad, frightening, scary and even embarrassing. It's about bragging, in a non-judgemental arena, about your accomplishments and the successes of your family. It's about letting everyone know that they are "not alone" in their struggles and challenges.

I have always been a public person... sometimes I share and talk about my life more than I should. The blogging world has given me the outlet to be ME in an environment that is inviting and supportive. Without the Birk Bulletin, I would not have received the great advice, encouragement, laughter, and support that has guided me through a year of changes. A year of changes that included moving to Indiana, starting a new job, starting my Premier Jewelry business, making new friends, struggles with the housing market, my first year of marriage, and getting older.

I am so grateful for all of you! Thanks for listening, thanks for not passing judgement, thanks for the support and thanks for being some of my best friends.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Well said, girl! Makes you wonder how we ever lived without our blogs!! =)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, too! ... & safe travels!!

Sarah said...

I am so in love with my blog I want to marry it. ha ha.

I am so happy we all found it and write all that we do. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.