don't judge because I am "baby-ignorant"
I am babysitting my friend's 5 month old little girl Genevieve on Sunday.
I am terrified.
I love babies and I want one of my own more than anything, but when it comes to particulars like diapers, bottles, naps, spit up, etc... I am a rather ignorant girl. Playing, holding, ooohhhing and aaahhhhing over... I am great at! I have always thought that I will have 9 months to learn it all when I am pregnant. :)
So, you may be asking... Why in the name of Jesus did she trust me to watch her child? Because, in her own words, "Genevieve loves you (which she is right about, the kid adores me) and it may make you reconsider having one of your own right now." HA... thanks a lot Stacey (yes, we have the same name... mine has a lot cooler spelling though).
The little turkey does love me though. I hold her and play with her when I come over to hang out and she laughs and smiles and I just love it. But, being left alone with her for 5-6 hours... AAAAHHHHHH...... I think I have changed, maybe, 1 diaper my whole life! I know, it is pathetic for a married, 27 year old that wants kids so bad. But it is true! I have never made a bottle before and I have no idea what to do except panic when they cry. Any babysitting I have done in the past have been kids over the age of 2 and I was pretty darn good with those kiddos.
Stacey just laughed and told me that I would be just fine, she trusts me and said that she is "one of those mothers that has written out, detailed instructions for everything." GOOD DEAL... cause I will need them!
I know I will be fine I just can't let the little thing know I am nervous and I have to let the motherly instinct (that I know is buried in there somewhere) come out.
Wish me luck folks! :)
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Completely Terrified
Posted by Stacy Birk at 12/17/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
You will be fine. I had no idea what I was doing before Kenley either, so its often a crash course for all of us. When she cries, she is probably either hungry, dirty diaper, or wants your attention.
I will wish you luck but if you just follow her instructions, everything should be fine. I have always felt nervous with others kids but my own, I just know what they need.
it is a learning process. I have a 2 year old daughter, and I am a 2 year old parent. ;)
Post a Comment