Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ah, kids

what a little stinker

Last night Jared and I had some friends over for a BBQ. Nothin' fancy, just some wild bird Jared and Skip shot last weekend, some yummy pork loins that Jared marinated and cooked to absolute perfection and some random pasta salads, potatoes and bread. It was delicious.

Besides cooking and eating, we got the pleasure of hanging out with our little friend Jace. Jace is the son of our good friend Jamie. He just turned 5 this January and he is just growing up so fast! Well, when he comes to Birky and Stacy's house, he thinks he has full rein of everything, haha. He KNOWS that Birky has a really neat knife collection and that we have a little kitty that likes to run from him. He definately likes to see what he can get away with, Overall, he is a great kid that you just wanna scoop up and hug and kiss on. But, my oh my can the boy push your buttons.

The conversation went like this

"Jace, what are you doing?", I said.

"Nothing, just jumping off the couch," Jace said.

"Jace, please do not do that you are going to hurt yourself." I said.

"No I won't," he said as he jumped off the couch and hit the coffee table.

****PAUSE**** (Zac Morris style)

Well, I kinda like use Jace as my "test kid" (sshhh... don't tell his dad, haha), try out some Super Nanny techniques, see if I will be a good mom and can remain control of the house. So, I take this opportunity to try something out.

*****UN-PAUSE******

"See Jace, what did I tell you. Please do not jump on the furniture. Come over here and play with your toys," I said, trying to give him an alternative activity to jumping on the couch. I wanted to stay strong and not waiver with him. I didn't wanna give up on it.

"No, I like it over here," he says smiling as he climbs back up on the couch and gears up to jump.

"Jace, if you jump off that couch one more time and you are going in the naughty corner. I don't know where that is right now, but I will make one," I said, not sounding too sure of myself at this point, but thought if other people have used it, maybe it will work.

Needless to say he jumped, several times, I got mad and he knew it and not even thinking about it I took him by the hand and we went outside to tell Jamie.

I'm not sure what happened to the whole "naughty corner" threat, but since he's just my "test kid" I can just pass him right off to dad right? :)

Not even 20 minutes later, he jumps off the couch again and then one more time just to make the smoke blow out my ears.

I give up and get Jared to take care of it.

So much for the "staying strong and not waivering"... I guess I need more practice. :(

3 comments:

Sherry said...

LOL. That makes me laugh. We were at Alex's last night and both girls started crying because they couldn't play with their new bunk bed ladder (because its not a toy). I didn't know what to do! Good thing she was there. Guess it just takes pratice.

Unknown said...

this is where Julie grabs the kid, spanks his butt, and if that doesnt work, threatens to sit on him. That ALWAYS works.

Sarah said...

I am not looking forward to Taylor acting like that. I will pray for patience.

;)