have you ever googled burnt hair? I did
Ok friends, as many of you know I am known for my odd mishaps and crazy stories. Well, here's one for ya...
Last Thursday I was washing my hair in the shower, humming a little Rascal Flatts and I started to smell something. I wasn't sure what it was but it smelled a little like the liquid they use on perms and a little like peanut butter with vinegar (odd, I know... but that's what I thought it smelled like). I thought, well maybe its just my shampoo today or maybe it is getting something outta my hair. I noticed the smell as I dried and flat ironed my hair but it wasn't as strong and all the product I used covered it up. My hair looked normal, so I just dismissed it and went on to work.
The next day the same thing happened when I washed my hair and when I was drying and styling it. I noticed I was losing more hair than normal as well. Nothing appeared odd with my hair until I grabbed a piece to flat iron and I see something that looks blonde. Well, since I have dark brown hair this tiny blonde patch stood out like a sore thumb! I thought I had something in my hair, so I tried to use a fine tooth comb to get it out... nothing helped. Since it was underneath some of my other hair and close to the scalp, it was easy to hide. I wasn't sure what it was but just hoped it would go away.
Well it is Wednesday and the blonde patch is still here and there are some frizzy hairs on the other side as well (they aren't blonde but you can tell something is not right).
A few of my co-workers looked at me kinda crazy when I asked, "what does burnt hair smell like?" but after one look at the little blonde patch they told me, and I quote, "uh, yeah, you have singed your hair"
So, being a huge fan of google, I popped open my computer and googled "burnt hair". You'd be surprised how many things come up! One recommendation on ask.com to another unfortunate woman like me said, "cut it off the start over, you have screwed it up". Uh, no can do my friend, it is at my scalp and I really don't wanna have a weird spikey piece of hair sticking out at my scalp. So, thanks for the recommendation, but that won't be happening.
I have no idea how or when I did it, but I do flat iron everyday and I use protectant spray just like my wonderful hair dresser tells me to. Which, she laughed her head off when I told her and now I am going in to see her on Saturday to see what we can do about it. She loves me, but she just had to remind me of the time I tried to cut my own bangs and the time I tried to dye my own hair. She always has to go drudging up the past, but as she says "there is a reason I have a cosmetology license and you don't". Guess I will leave the fate of my poor burnt hair in her hands.
Until next time friends, turn down those flat irons and find a great hair girl!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Yep, I sure did google it!
Posted by Stacy Birk at 3/19/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
You crack me up! I wonder how the heck you did that, and why you first noticed it when it was wet. Weird.
Good luck and show us pics if you have to cut it.
Yeah, that is pretty crazy! How did you do it at your scalp?? LOL.
Post a Comment