Monday, March 10, 2008

Once a Drennan, Always a Drennan

gotta love my family

Jared and I had such a busy weekend! Saturday we went to Fort Scott for lunch with his Uncle Dave and Aunt Debby and his cousin Amy and her husband Dan and their two boys. It was a lot of fun and I got to play with leggos with Charlie, so that was an added bonus, haha.

Sunday we made the 4 hour trip to Edmond to see the entire Drennan family at my grandma's house. She was DETERMINED to get the entire family together and she accomplished that goal. With the exception of my cousin Chad, who was sick, and my cousin Eric's wife, who was also sick, everyone was there! It was so great to see everyone, eat a good home-cooked dinner and just talk.

I finally got to see my cousin Laura's little girl who is 9 months old. She was just too cute and her cheeks were just a pink as ever! I just kept looking at Jared and saying "I want one just like her". He just rolled his eyes.... but then I caught him smiling at her and watching her, haha.

Anyway, it was just awesome to see everyone, especially my cousin Robert who has completed culinary school and if now a chef in OKC. I am so proud of him and I know our grandpa Jim is watching over him and is extremely proud of him as well. He just needs to move to South Bend with us and be our personal chef since Lord knows I can't cook! haha

All in all, I had a great time and started to get a little sad thinking about how far away I will be once we move. But life goes on and people move away and start their own families. But one thing is for sure -- I will always be a Drennan and I will always have fond, happy memories of my time spent with this great family!

Here are some pictures from Sunday...


The Birks

Chris and Alicia

Chris, Alicia, Dad, Mom, Me and Jared

The grandkids and MamMaw

Aunt Glenda, MamMaw, Aunt Cindy and Dad

0 comments: