AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
So, I received my beautiful pink Dell Inspiron computer in the mail yesterday after waiting patiently for the DHL delivery gal to show up. I was rushing out the door to a training as she delivered it so I didn't get to play around with my new toy until about 8 last night (after getting house picked up for the buyer's inspectors to come tomorrow). I tore into the package, tossing foam and plastic by the wayside and looking for that bright pink lid. It was impressive and it is the first computer I have ever purchased, so I was pretty proud of myself. I get it out of the package and carefully open the lid and look at the silvery inside. I pushed the start button and got up for a second to grab a drink. I come back and it is started up and ready for me to begin the set-up process.
However, there is a huge problem. The screen is dim. I mean really dim.
So... with my knowledge of computers, I quickly work through the set-up process and go into windows and begin the FUNCTION (arrows) command to brighten the screen. Nothing happens. I try it again, nothing. There is a little bar at the botton telling me that I am increasing and/or decreasing the brightness, but my screen remains the same. A few curse words begin to roll out of my mouth and my cat looks a little afraid. It's under warranty, so I am calling Dell and they are gonna take care of this for me.
Well, you know how call centers work, I get a guy in India with an extremely thick accent. I don't even remember his name, but for the story's sake, I will call him Akbar. Akbar tried to navigate me through various commands and functions, he even used Dell Connect to work on my computer from India (pretty impressive). Nothing seemed to make a difference. Then, I started to think he was hitting on me... asking me what time it was in Kansas and what I do for a living. Then he started telling me how nice I was and I was the best customer he has ever had, blah, blah, blah. WHOAH Akbar, I need you to fix my computer not try to pick up on me. Overall he was a pretty nice guy and I felt like we really made a connection in that hour and a half on the phone. :)
His conclusion was that I needed a new LCD screen or I can exchange for a new computer. So, I called back today to get that all set up and apparently they want me to try a few more things before they decide to send me a new screen or exchange the computer. Apparently Akbar was too busy flirting and not troubleshooting. :) So, I will try their suggestions tonight and if they do not work I will be back on the phone AGAIN (this time with Jose... also of India. Weird huh?). Jose didn't hit on me though, he must not be into American women. :)
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Thank you for calling Dell Support India, how can I help you?
Posted by Stacy Birk at 3/13/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Your hilarious! I was laughing all the way. But I feel your pain. I hate having to call customer support. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Post a Comment