Thursday, February 21, 2008

Yes, I am a chicken!

so I don't like to drive on ice, so what?

Ok, those of you who know me know that I am kind of a chicken when it comes to driving. I've had too many close calls, a few wrecks, a speeding ticket and I have absolutely horrible night vision, which makes driving a real challenge for me sometimes. I don't pass unless I am completely sure there are no cars coming, I follow the "five to seven miles over" rule for speeding and I try not to turn left onto busy roads very often. This cautious attitude annoys my fast driving, sharp turn taking friends (a-hem Marla) :) But, I do it anyway cause deep down I have this fear of being in a horrible car wreck. I know it is weird and everyone worries about it once in a while, but I can see it happen and it is the same way every time. It just really freaks me out.

Well, when it is icy or snowy, I become an even bigger chicken. I just get flat out scared and refuse to drive on it. This morning I was supposed to take Jared to work since he has his eye surgery and he cannot drive afterwards. Well, as I was getting ready this morning I could hear the ice hitting the window and my blood pressure began to rise. Not only did I have to take him to Pittsburg (20 miles away), but then I had to drive to Greenbush (30 miles from Pittsburg).

Needless to say, Jared ended up taking me to work and he wasn't happy about it. He said, "You are gonna have to learn how to drive on if you want to move up north". Well, not really cause I will just get him to do it or I will take public transportation. Problem solved!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I so know what you mean. I hate this weather too. Poor Jared. How did is eye thing go? I guess good, since he had to drive you. ha ha