Friday, February 22, 2008

Sniffle, Sniffle, Cough, Cough

he's got new eyes, but now he's sick

Yesterday was an interesting day. Jared went in for his Lasik eye surgery and he went without me because I couldn't take off any more work. It's actually a good thing I wasn't there because he said the surgery was dreadful.

He woke up the morning of his surgery with a bit of a cough. He said it took everything he had not to cough while the lasers were on him. The doctor kept telling him to lay still, but Jared had a very hard time doing that, bless his heart. To make matters worse he very much disliked the clamps that held his eyes open and his right eye started to bleed during the procedure. The doctor told us today that the bleeding is quite uncommon, but not detrimental. He said that because Jared had worn contacts for so many years and had a bad astigmatism on both eyes that it causes the blood vessels to rise to the top and when they peeled back the flap on his eye to operate, it caused the bleeding. GROSS! I am sooo glad I didn't see that! Anyone that knows me knows that I do not like blood, needles, anything to do with a hospital. So, I fear I would have been passed out on the floor if I saw blood spewing from his eyes!

Needless to say after all that, Jared tested at 20/25 vision in both eyes today!!!! So, we were happy to hear that. Doctor said it should get even better and since Jared is sick, that might be part of the problem.

So, now here I am, curled up on the couch, watching tv and Jared is sleeping for the third time today. Poor guy is really sick and he can't even have fun and try out his new eyes. He does look real cute without his glasses. I almost forgot what he looked like without them cause it has been so long. I think once he gets well he will appreciate them, but right now he is enjoying watching the back of his eyelids. :)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my God, that sounds so gross! I was covering my mouth as I read this. Poor guy. I am glad it is getting better.

Pamper him ;)