Sunday, February 17, 2008

Heading back to Kansas

whew, what a trip

Jared and I are heading back to good ole Kansas tomorrow after our long weekend in South Bend. We had a great time and I think we are really going to like this place.

We found an apartment that is close to all the shopping and restaurants (which I will love that). It is kinda small, but it had 2 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, just like we wanted. It was also newer and updated a lot more than most of them we looked at. The complex is called Runaway Bay, but Jared kept calling it Mandalay Bay, haha. I wish we were in Vegas... at least it would be warmer. The weather really wasn't too bad while we were here. There was still snow on the ground when we got here but the sunshine yesterday and 50 degree temperatures today has melted most of it.

Last night we had the most delicious steaks at the Texas Land and Cattle Company Restaurant and then we ventured to downtown South Bend to RumRunners Dueling Piano Bar! It was a blast... I can sit and listen to the dueling pianos forever, I just love it. Of course, we got a little tired of the "You're not in Kansas anymore" lines from everyone. GET OVER IT PEOPLE... THAT MOVIE IS FREAKIN' OLD AND WE GET TIRED OF HEARING IT! :)

So, anyway, we had a great time and we started to feel like we were learning our way around pretty well. It helped that we had a GPS system that we borrowed from Hicks.

Here's a photo of one of the apartment buildings in our complex. This is looking from the clubhouse across the pond. Jared and I are pumped that they actually let you fish in that pond in the summer!

This is an upclose photo of the building we will be living in.



1 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great place. I am really happy for you.