Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Brrrrrr... it's gonna be cold

my oh my, it has been cold in Chicago

I watch the weather every morning and groan about the windy, frigid, snowy conditions that have plaqued Chicago and the Indiana. Jared and I have planned a trip to South Bend this weekend to check it out, look for apartments and just learn about the place that we will soon call home. I am excited about this trip, but watching the weather just makes me dread it. However, I have been doing a little research on the South Bend area and they do have 3 cab companies and a bus service, so I figure I will be using those means to get to work on icy or snowy days, haha.

Anyway, I have found some fun things for Jared and I to do on our trip up north. Of course, we will have to go visit the College Football Hall of Fame! I am actually excited about this... I think it will be kinda neat. We also hope to go walk around the Notre Dame campus, but that will depend on the weather. I found an awesome place that does Karaoke on Friday, Satuday and Sunday nights, so they will get to hear my rendition of Queen's "Bohemian Rapsody" before I even move there, haha. Of course there is a lot of shopping and nice restaurants, so we should have time to do that as well. But our main mission is to find an apartment. We found one online that sounds great for us. I was sold on the indoor pool, tanning bed and fitness center!

I also hope I have time to stop by the Alcohol and Addictions Resource Center (AARC) in South Bend. I have talked with the Executive Director and the Prevention Specialist over e-mail about jobs in prevention. They are more of a treatment center, so there wouldn't be a job for me there, but they have agreed to meet with me and talk to me about the area and different opportunities for employment. That really excites me! I have also talked over e-mail with the director of the Afternoons R.O.C.K. after school program. She said there may be an opportunity for me since I am a Certified Prevention Professional now. However, it would be part-time. So, I feel good that I have at least made some contacts. I think my networking skills will come in handy!

Ok, enough babbling for now! Here's the picture I was trying to download yesterday from our weekend with Marla and Jeremy. ENJOY!


1 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like a fun time!