Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hangin' Tough in 2008!!!!!

grab your 80s gear, NKOTB t-shirts, and cassette tapes



My friend Julie and I have been chatting all day (yes, during work hours) about the possible reunion of New Kids on the Block. We fully support this venture and will probably do about anything to get tickets to this momumental event! As we chatted, memories of the NKOTB days came rushing back to me. The t-shirts, the dolls, the buttons, the pillowcase, the books, the lunchbox, the trading cards... I had it all! Well, I always wanted more, but I really did have a lot of stuff. The photo below is of the NKOTB Dolls. Alicia had Jordan and I had Joey. Mmmm.... our Barbie's just loved their new friends. :)



The next picure I found is a T-shirt that I actually had back in the day! I went looking through Ebay to see if they had pictures of anything I had as a kid and sure enough, there it was!



I can remember listening to the Top 10 Countdown on Oklahoma City's KJ103 everynight at 9 hoping to hear a new song. With my radio/cassette player ready to go I would wait and press RECORD just at the right time so that I would have the new song before anyone else.

I can remember getting the call from my friend Amie when she got tickets to the concert. I was sooooo jealous and mad at my parents. I remember crying and telling them how bad I wanted to go and asking them why I couldn't go with her. I even remember saying, "Well, if Debbie Gibson or Amy Grant comes, can I go see them instead." Little did I know that my parents were making me go through this torture because they had tickets for me all along and were waiting until Christmas to give them to me. I really thought they just wanted me to be the most un-cool person ever because I didn't go to the concert, haha. On Christmas Day it was the last present I opened. It was placed at the bottom of a clothes box and it was covered with packing peanuts. I remember opening it up and thinking, "what the heck is this?" Low and behold at the bottom of that box was the "Golden Ticket"! I remember asking, "I get to go? I really get to go?" My mom laughing replied back, "well, you have a ticket don't you." I screamed and danced around the living room... it was the highlight of my 3rd grade year!

Jordan, Jonathan, Donnie, Joey and Danny... will you please let it be the highlight of 2008 too?! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh yes, i "taped" EVERYTHING off the radio too!!! Those were some good times, baby. Come back boys, COME BACK!!!!!

Sarah said...

Oh I went to that concert in Wichita. What fun that was. I had posters, a nightgown, books, dolls, t-shirts.....the list goes on and on. Thoses were the days. I think I still have a tape or VHS of them laying around somewhere. I wonder if that would sell on Ebay. ha ha