Saturday, January 12, 2008

Good times with my sista!

i had a blast with my sister this weekend

Jared and I headed to good ole Ta Town this weekend for some quality time with our friends. I had the pleasure of spending some time with my little sister Alicia. We met up with Alicia and several of our friends for dinner Friday night and then Alicia and I went back to her house to take care of some very important business... teaching her the Soulja Boy dance! Oh my... we were both a little "dance challenged" especially when Busch Light and White Zinfandel decided to join us. Needless to say, we will not be back up dancers or appear in a music video anytime soon. But we had fun trying... and I think Chris had a good time watching our uncoordinated antics.

Besides our attempt to be kick-ass dancers, we also took a trip back in time and recalled stories from our childhood. I laughed so hard my stomach still hurts. I can't wait until I get to hang out with her again. Hopefully it is soon!

While I was with Alicia today, Jared and the boys trekked out to Great Bend for Pheasant hunting. They had a great time and Jared finally got to get his new shotgun that he has been talking about. He was so excited and so proud of his new hunting equipment. He really enjoys the sport and I think it is good for him to get out with his friends and do something he loves.

In other news, please keep your fingers crossed for Jared on January 30. We are heading to Dr. Quinlan's office to see if he is a candidate for Laser Eye Surgery! His vision has gotten so bad that he can't even wear contacts anymore. While he looks so cute and smart in his little glasses, they are a pain and he is tired of wearing them. So, we hope that the consultation goes well and that he can have the surgery! I'll let you all know what we find out.

0 comments: