Friday, January 18, 2008

Changes are a comin'

our life is about to get real interesting

Ok everyone... I'm sorry if you haven't heard from us yet about this but we just made our decision yesterday.

Jared and I are moving to Elkhart, Indiana! Jared was offered the Warehouse Manager position earlier this week and after much discussion and some bargaining with Jake's we have made the decision to move our little family up there.

For those of you not familiar with Indiana, Elkhart is just minutes from South Bend, Indiana (home to Notre Dame and the College Football Hall of Fame), less than 2 hours from Chicago and about an hour from Lake Michigan. We will be right on the border of Indiana and Michigan (they like to call it Michiana apparently... haha). So, there is a lot to see up there and it appears that there are a lot of opportunities for my career.

I hate to leave Greenbush, but this will give me an opportunity to get out there, try a few new things and find a position that I can grow with. I am excited about this opportunity, but also frightened.

Selling our house in Girard is the part that scares me the most! I have already started de-cluttering the house but it will be a large task considering all the crap we have managed to cram into this place, haha.

Anyway, I will update you all more later and Jared and I have been making calls to everyone.... so, again, sorry that some of you have to hear about it this way but I've been itching to blog about it for a while! Talk to you all later and we love you all.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, how exciting! I have always dreamed about moving far away and making a life somewhere other than Kansas. But then I wake up and realize I am a mamma's girl and I could not survive without my family. I was sad when my sister and her family moved away, but you have to go where there is work and what will better your family.
Good luck to you Stacy! You have a big adventure ahead of you. It will be hard, but fun.