and there goes another plate
I've often heard people say that if you have an expensive pair of sunglasses you will lose them, but you will hold on to cheap pair for years and years. I have a feeling that goes for dinnerware too.
For the last 6 years Jared and I have dined off of hand-me-down dishes my parents gave us. The design looked much like the couch on "That 70s Show" but by golly they were sturdy pieces of stone. Never once did we break or chip any piece of this dinnerware. Some of it was already chipped, however we never broke one ourselves.
As a wedding gift, several members of our family bought us new dinnerware. Beautiful stone red plates and bowls, just like I wanted. I take a lot of pride in this new set, placing it ever-so-gently in the dishwasher and buffing all the spots off the dish before placing it in the cabinet.
Within the last month, we have lost one bowl and chipped a plate. One of them was Jada's fault for knocking a vase off the top of the cabinets that fell into the sink and busted a bowl. The other one was my fault for dropping a knife and butter tub on a plate and chipping a corner off.
I guess that just goes to show that sometimes the cheap stuff is better!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Another one bites the dust
Posted by Stacy Birk at 1/29/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Doesn't it always happen like that. Once you get something nice, BAM! Disaster.
;)
Post a Comment