Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bathroom Blues

so, apparently our toilet broke this morning

I'm still not sure what happened, all I know is I got yelled at for asking. :) Jared got up this morning just as I was about to get up and start getting ready. He used the bathroom, flushed the toilet and just when the water should have shut off, it didn't. I could have swore that water was spewing all over the floor. He came back to bed before this noise started. So, we both laid in bed, not saying a word to each other and listened for a little bit to see if it would stop. It was like a "drip, drip, drip, kssshhhhhhh, kssshhhhhh, drip, drip, drip kamooooossshhh" (You like my typed sound effects)

He got up after a few minutes to go see what the deal was. I laid in bed and though, oh crap, this is gonna be a wonderful day! I waited to see if he would holler me in there to help him, or if he would just do it himself. I heard him flushing multiple times, jiggling the handle, cussing to himself and messing with the
tank. I remained in bed for a bit, then decided I better check it out.

As I walk in he puts the tank lid back on and then turns the water valve off.

Me: "What's wrong with it"
Jared, in a frustrated tone: "the water won't stop running, so I turned it off"
Me: "Um, I need to pee"

Jared, still in a frustrated tone, "so go, just don't flush"
So, I do my little girl business and go back to bed for a bit.

Once I lay back in bed I ask Jared "So, what are you gonna do". (I realized at the exact time that the last word left my mouth that maybe I shouldn't have asked him that right now)

I WAS RIGHT!
Jared, in an angry tone now, "I will fix it later when I am awake"

Apparently he was alseep the whole time. Could have fooled me! :)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh dear.
Good luck. House repairs suck!