i don't even know where to begin
I have prided myself in the past for my supreme moving skills. Since moving from my hometown of El Dorado I have moved 5 times, although not a single one of these moves was over 20 miles. Jared and I had the perfected the art of "Moving on the cheap and on the quick". Armed with Wal-Mart sacks, trash bags and old boxes, we were the "American Gladiators" of moving. Give us a half day, some good music on the radio and a few borrowed trucks and we out of there in a flash.
I have quickly learned, however, that packing up everything to move 5 miles is a little different than packing everything to move 687 miles. I can no longer throw my clothes in the car on their hangers and pack dinner plates in bags and just say "be careful" to whoever puts it in the car.
It took me a while to figure out where to begin, but now, newspaper and bubble wrap are quickly becoming my best pals! With every box I pack I feel a weight of stress disappear from my neck and shoulders. It will be a long process and I am not even close to having the house ready for sale, but I'll get there! The house is a flippin' mess though and it is driving me crazy! And it doesn't help that Jada likes to play in every box I open. But, I know it will be like that until we can get the clutter packed away and into storage.
Everyone please keep us and our little house in your thoughts.... we need all the luck we can get to sell the house and come out on top. Hopefully I'll get some pictures on here once I get it ready to sell. Or, if I can get some cute ones of Jada playing in the boxes, haha.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
So much to do, so little time
Posted by Stacy Birk at 1/19/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment