Friday, January 11, 2008

I saved $145 by switching to Geico!

not really, but we saved $145 by not hiring a plumber

Thank God for Jared's friend Skip that knows how to fix just about everything. Skip was able to fix our toilet in record time and for the cost of a few beers. Now, that's how I like to do business!


So, that is all taken care of... but wait until I tell you what we are dealing with now.

I have had my first lesson in parenting. We have a 2 year old. Well, a 2 year old cat that acts like a 2 year old human being. She is always in the way, we trip over her all the time. She gets into things, she climbs up on furniture, she whines, she always wants to sleep in bed with us, she tries to get out of the house, and now she a picky eater.

When we got home from Louisiana, we went to the store to pick up a few things. When we were going down the pet isle Jared asked if Jada needed anything. She really didn't, but Jared wanted to get her a few packs of that soft food "Turkey and Gravy" type stuff. I said that it was ok, but last time I got her some she just licked up all the gravy and left the food.

Well, we bought some and gave her one packet of it that evening. She licked up all the gravy first, then ate all the food later that evening. We thought, "oh, she really liked it, we should get it for her now and again as a treat since regular cat treats make her sick"


Well now the little stinker is not eating her regular food! Usually she eats like a hog and I have to give her food every morning or she whines at me until I do it. Sometimes she needs refills mid-day because she is such a pig (good thing it is diet food). But for at least 4 days now I have not had to refill her food bowl. Jared suggested I give her the other packet of soft food that we bought just so she has something to eat since we are leaving town this weekend. That little shit ate it all in one setting, and then just looked at the hard food in her bowl, looked at me, and walked away. I could have killed her!


(This is an old picture of her after I remodeled the bathroom. She was into EVERYTHING during that project. She even had some blue paint on her nose.)

0 comments: