Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's the eye of the tiger

it's the thrill of the fight...

The boys went to a Detroit Tigers game yesterday and ended up in Canada. Go figure! I about had a heart attack when Jared called and told me he was hanging out with Canadians, Ay.

They got free tickets to the game from, yet another, very giving customer. I informed the boys tonight that they are NOT, under any circumstance, to accept any more free tickets unless there are 3 tickets for all of us. :) I don't like being left out.

Anyway, they traveled the 3 1/2 hours to the beautiful (NOT) city of Detroit to watch the Tigers. Hicks has a friend that lives north of Detroit in the 'burbs so they met him and, of course, they all thought it was a good idea to go to the casinos in Canada that night. The border is just across the lake, so it wasn't like they had to go far.

It was the first time for both of them to go to Canada, so they were pretty pumped up and had lots of stories about their adventure. I have never even been out of the U.S., so I hope I can go explore Canada soon. Maybe even to see my very awesome bloggie friend Tara!!!

In other news, my jewelry stuff came in this weekend, so that has kept me pretty occupied. I was even dressing up Jada in all kinds of jewels. She loved it! :) I should have taken a picture.

I also, finally, got my haircut. It was getting pretty long and I liked the way it looked, but it was so hard to take care of. My hair is sooo thick and it has natural wave (sometimes more curly than wavy). So it takes a long time to blow dry and then straighten every morning. Sometimes I wear it curly, but even that was becoming work. So, I chopped off about 3 inches so that it is right below my shoulders. Ah, it feels so much better and lots easier to get ready in the morning.

That's about it for us! My Sooners look like they are going to win their game and the Irish won today so it was a good Saturday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, next time you are in Canada, you get your ass here!! No more sending the boys... LOL

Hope they had a good time.

Thanks for considering my a very good bloggee friend. Right back at 'cha sista!

Sarah said...

Ok, we need a picture of the hair????? It is blog rules.

carmilevy said...

I've heard those Canadians can be really weird! (Wait, I'M Canadian...and I live two hours east of Windsor, which sounds like where your husband and his friends were.)

Sounds like they all had a cool adventure. My knowledge of Detroit is limited to my drives through it on the way to the airport. From the headlines I've read, I think I'll keep it that way!