Friday, September 19, 2008

Make new friends, but keep the old

one is silver and the other's gold. A circle is round, but has no end, that is how we make new friends.


For some reason I remember this song despite my hatred of Brownies and Girl Scouts as a kid. I liked Brownies for, maybe, one year everything else was crap.

I thought of this song today as I was thinking about my friends, both old and new. I don't know what prompted me to think about it. Maybe that I made friends with the girl who lives on the floor above us and that makes me happy. Maybe its that I have thought alot recently about my friends I have lost touch with or lost years ago due to petty high school or college typical girl arguments. Maybe it's that I am getting old and they fact that Jared is celebrating his 28th birthday tomorrow makes me feel even older. I don't know. But I just wanted to send a shout out to all my friends - old, new, estranged, and future friends. I am thankful for each one of you that is in my life and I KNOW that each of you has entered my life for a reason and some of you have left my life for a reason. You are all so special to me!

0 comments: