and maybe a boy's best friend too...
My hubby is so cute. I just love him. He has been so supportive, helpful and loving with this new jewelry adventure. He doesn't quite understand it, but he asks a lot of questions and plans to help me anyway he can, including attending the next training session with me. Isn't he great? There are not a lot of small town, sports loving, gun toting, knife collecting, t-shirts and shorts wearing guys out there that would do this for their wives. But, he loves me and he knows this makes me really happy and excited.
In fact, he has gotten so into this he has EVEN started helping me sell it!!!
Here's the dish....
Last night Jared was grilling out hamburgers and I told him if he saw Leah (our neighbor upstairs) to stop her cause I want to see if she wants to look at a catalog. Well, I was inside finishing my ab workout from the gym (I hate rolling around on the floor at the gym looking like a beached whale, so I just do it at home). Anyway, I am doing crunches and I hear Jared talking to someone. I figure it is Leah but I stop and listen. He says, and I quote, "Hey, uh, Wifey was wanting to talk to you... uh, do you like jewelry?" I about died from giggling quietly. I decided not to go out there yet to hear what he had to say. She says she likes it and he replies, "well, uh, wifey is taking on a new business of selling Premier Jewelry and she is booking parties and stuff are you interested?" I am somewhat impressed at this point and wondering why he always refers to me as wifey. Anyway, he then hollers at me to bring a catalog out. Later I tease him for being a jewelry salesman and he tells me "well, you know, I DO know how to do sales, I do it for fireworks, why can't I do it for jewelry". The man has a point!! :)
In other news, Jared let Jada roam outside last night and she tried to eat a toad and I am pretty sure she was somewhat poisoned. Did you know toads were poisonous? I didn't. She comes running inside and Jared is laughing and says she was chasing a toad and decided she wanted a bite. Then I see slobber hanging from her mouth and as she runs through the house it is dripping all over everything. It was like she was foaming at the mouth like she had RABIES!!! I was freaking out, like any cat momma would do. She is my baby! I start to tear up and Jared is still somewhat laughing and says she is ok, she just won't try to do THAT again. Oh geez! Can you imagine this philosophy when we have ACTUAL children? (Well Billy Bob won't try to play with a venomous snake anymore cause now he is in the ER) Oh, COME ON! (Our little joke is that our son will be named William Robert aka Billy Bob Birk. It is hideous and will never happen, but still funny)
Anyway, I think she is ok. She played with one of her toys after that and slept by me all night like usual. This morning, though, when I poured food in her bowl she didn't start gobbling it up like normal. That kinda worried me. I guess I will see how she acts when I get home! Oh the drama!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Diamonds are a girl's best friend!
Posted by Stacy Birk at 9/17/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
1. Totally know how you feel about doing crunches at the gym. Hate it!
2. Jada should be just fine. Lucky has done that before. The toads just have some kind of stuff on thme that makes animals foam and drool so that they leave them alone.
3. That's so cool Jared is helping you out with the jewelry thing.
I think Billy Bob is definitely a go!! =)
I know a lot of people who sell Premier & tons of people who buy it! So, good luck with the business! I'm sure you'll be good at it!
so you and Jared each sell bling of your own kind- both are sparkily and fun to look at! Yeah, and Jared this little story will haunt you when we all have a KS to IN group chat session again!!
Oh Jada, just another adventure! Glad she didn't get sick.
Um, you know you're naming your first child "Peabo" so I don't even want to hear any more about Billy Bob.
Ahhh you and Jared could sell together. LOL. That is cute.
I totally agree with you about the abs at the gym. I feel like when I lay on the floor everyone seems to look at me to see me do them. ;)
Post a Comment