my new business adventure
I am so excited I just can't contain myself! I have decided to become a Premier Designs Jeweler and I can't wait to get started.
I first became involved with Premier when I lived in Girard and, in fact, I really wasn't much of a jewelry person AT ALL until I was introduced to Premier. I hosted a party and got a TON of free and discounted stuff. I was hooked from there, haha.
Well, Amy (I liked to call her my jewelry lady) asked me about 2 years ago if I wanted to start selling it. I declined due to the number of people in the area already selling it (I mean, I was attending parties about every week for a while... it did get kinda old) and I have never really pictured myself as a saleperson ( I HATE being pushy to people). Since then I haven't really thought out it much.
When we moved up here I started looking into ways to make some extra cash to help pay for our ever-lasting (house that won't sell) mortgage payment UUGGHHHH and to have some extra cash to help with some credit card debt we still have from our wedding and college.
I started looking around on the Premier website and asking colleagues around my work if they had ever heard of it. NO ONE HAD (which was good news for me!!!!) and my co workers all love jewelry and have attended other types of jewelry parties, so I figured they might be my best bet to help me get started.
So, I have contacted Amy and she said she will sponsor me even way up here in lil' ole Indiana and help me get started... INCLUDING helping me host my first party! Amy has been very successful at her business and is very creative and I look forward to getting all the tips, strategies and advice I can from her! Even BETTER news is that I don't have to put much money it to start this (unlike some other direct selling and home party businesses). I will need to buy some samples and some items to get marketing going (but all of it will be a write off on taxes) BAD news... I am new to this area so it might be a little more difficult to get parties booked :( I am really relying on my co-workers and my friend Julie to help me get started. Hopefully from there I will begin getting more party bookings from each additional party that is hosted.
Cross your fingers, say a lil' prayer and keep me in your thoughts as I take the first real "financial leap of faith" I have ever taken. I hope it pays off. :)








4 comments:
That sounds awesome!! Is there anyway you can sell over the net? Like have your own website or anything like that? Just curious for those people who want to buy from you but are far far far away, like myself. Maybe this will lead to other possibilities. Our fingers are crossed!
Well, as far as I know right now... it isn't internet based. BUT... like if YOU wanted to buy some things you could have a catalog party instead and still get free and discounted items. I would just send you catalogs in the mail. Make sense? I will learn more when I get my start up kit and meet with my sponsor. Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed... I am a little nervous. Plus I have been reading forums online today which is never a good thing, haha
Good luck, hope it works for you!
stop by my blog. i have something for you.
Post a Comment