as Faith Hill says,
Today was stressful and I had to take a little time to make sure I was still breathing.
Work is crazy, we were just awarded two rather large federal grants. This is great news since non-profit money is hard to come by these days, but it does mean a lot of busy busy days ahead. I am excited for the projects we will be able to accomplish and nervous about the workload it will put on me, as the newbie.
I am slightly overwhelmed with the new jewelry business... well, actually I'm not as overwhelmed as I am worried. That's my middle name, in case you didn't know. Stacy "Worry-Pants" Birk. It is a sickness that I have not found the right medication for. :( I will feel much better once I receive all my information and once I am officially trained, but I received my jeweler number today and was able to log in to the website and wow, I was overwhelmed. There was a lot of great, great information and resources and it got my mind racing!! What promotional and business items should I use? How will I do my accounting? What about taxes? What do I need to buy for incentives? What if I buy too much and can't make it back in profit? What if people decide they hate me and my jewelry and don't wanna buy anything? Ok, that probably won't happen, but the worry-wort part of my brain was in overdrive today. Which would explain the excruciating headache and nauseating feeling in the pit of my stomach.
I know I will do fine, but this is me and I have been dealing with it all my life. I did, however, take the advice of the exercise Gods and decided to head to the gym, even though I felt like throwing back a 12-pack of Bud Light (or sleeping the evening away, whichever happened first). The workout was difficult, but my mind did clear a little. I guess all these exercise gurus are right, but I still hate to do it.
Until next time, wish me worry-free!!!!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Just breathe
Posted by Stacy Birk at 9/23/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
You'll do great! I was a consultant for a facial product company, and I stocked up on too much inventory! Give yourself a while to make sure you like it, before you invest too heavily in it! The Premier lady I know always has these cheap, thin, silver bracelets w/ a charm on them she gives if people purchase at least 3 things, and I think it's enough incentive to get people to spend, spend, spend! Good luck!
Let me repeat myself: YOU WILL DO FINE, TRUST YOURSELF and YOUR INSTINCTS, TAKE DEEP BREATHS, and LIVE IT UP!!
I worry like that sometimes too. You just have to keep moving forward and remember that it is worth it. A good workout was a good idea to clear your mind.
I sometimes get overwhelmed too. It can be hard to wear all hats while getting going. I have had to learn to hire a great team (accountants, designers) to assist. Let me know if you need any thing.
Also, Quickbook, is what I use for my everyday accounting/inventory.
angela@angelaswiftdesign.com
I think Jaime had a good idea with giving out the free bracelet to those who order 3 things.
Just an idea...with my photography business, I give a free 8x10 for every paid referral a customer sends me. If you send me 4 new customers, you receive 4 free 8x10's...on past or future sessions. If you're allowed to, that would be a great incentive for people to start spreading the word for you. Free whatever for every paid referral!
I'm sure it's overwhelming...that's how I felt at first, but once you get over all the details, that is when the fun sets in! :-)
You know that you'll do great! Positive imagery! I recently hosted a party for another jewelry company. The seller gave out lots of prizes and incentives with small pins, broaches, bracelets, and earrings that were discontinued styles, so she got them for a discount. We did drawings for on-timers, what's in your purse game, who orders the most, and a couple others. I know you'll figure something out. Good luck!
Post a Comment