Friday, September 5, 2008

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch

that fitness trainer kicked my butt

I know I needed it though, I just HATE working out. We joined a gym last week and part of the package is a personalized workout plan with a fitness trainer. They measure and weigh you (I hate that part. Nothing makes you feel more like a cow than seeing the numbers on that damn measuring tape), then they go over any health issues (let's see, asthma, allergies, bad neck and back, the list goes on), then they ask you how much you want to lose (I said 30 lbs was a good start, but I know I need to lose even more than that, haha) and then she put me to work. We started with the Elliptical Machine for 10 minutes since I had already done the treadmill for 10 min. as a warm up. Then we started weight and strength training. The ab workout was so difficult for me. I was struggling. At one point I asked her if people ever cussed at her. She said it happens all the time. LOL. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time she kicks my butt. :) Needless to say it was a good workout and I am sore all over today. I can't wait to go again!

Ok, I am random and all over the place today so here's some other little diddys for ya:

1. We got tix to Notre Dame tomorrow and we are pretty excited! Just the atmosphere of a Division 1 game will be surreal. I have never been to a D1 football game... hard to believe huh? I am pumped to see the stadium and even root for ND. At least they don't play my Sooners so I don't have to worry about that! haha

2. I am still slightly unhappy at my new job. Some days it is good, but other days I feel worthless. I still look to see what is out there, but with the way the economy is right now, I should be thankful I have a job. I think the jewelry thing will be good for me and I am still pumped about that.

3. Have I mentioned how much I hate friends of convenience? I do. I have decided that I do not have time for people who do not have time for me and when they actually DO have time for me it is like they do it out of pitty or something. I am too old for this crap and I have many more friends that like me all the time, not only when it is convenient for them.

4. Is honesty all its cracked up to be if it just hurts people in the long run? I have strived to always tell people things if I know if it is something that I would want to know if the tables were turned, but it always ends up coming back to bite me in the you know what. I have a big mouth, no big shocker there, but the few times I have actually chosen to keep quiet or not get involved in something I feel horrible cause deep down inside I feel I should be honest. Does that make sense? I am struggling with a few situations.... and I need advice my bloggie friends.

Ok, I think that is all for now, another random post from Stacy. Get used to it folks, being random isn't so random for me anymore. :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The soreness is a good feeling, cause you worked so hard. Keep it up! I am sorry you're having job and friend issues.

It is hard to help over the blog world when I really don't know the problems. All I can say is sometimes it helps to tell things, and lots of times people don't want to know. ;)

Unknown said...

I agree with Sarah. They may not want to know, but will feel better knowing. And you will feel better too!! I have the same problem, usually tell the truth anyways, then it comes back to bite my ass. But oh well, honesty is better than the bite. Hope I didn't offend you when we were msn'ng. I was just joking around.

Stacy Birk said...

Thanks girls! It's nice to know there are people out there that think the same way I do... even if it is messed up sometimes :)