I wanna get physical, let's get into physical
I love Olivia Newton John, especially in her sweaty headband, leotard and leg warmers in this classic MTV music video from the 80s. I'm thinking about bringing the headband back, what do you all think? :)

I have to say that I am pretty proud of myself for getting physical at the gym lately. I have been going about 2-3 days a week and doing 20-30 minutes on the Elliptical and then a weight training workout. I also sneak in some tanning time as well :). Last night my friend Tanita and I went up there together and I utilized the sauna, steam room, hot tub and pool for the first time. Apparently, I wasn't too prepared because I didn't bring flip flops or a big towel (just a small handtowel because I am a dumb ass) :)
First we jumped in the hot tub to relax and have some girl talk, then I ventured into the unknown, the steam room! I had heard that it does amazing things for you body, but had never been brave enough to try it. It was so weird, but it felt so good. I could feel my muscles relax, which was great because my neck has been really tight again including sharp pains shooting down the side. OUCH! It was a little hard to breathe and I remember my face burning a little, and my lips, for some reason, felt like they were on fire! But we stayed in for a few minutes until we couldn't take it anymore, haha. I guess I will have to get used to it to really enjoy it. Then we dried off and went into the dry sauna (that was more my style. No steam, but really hot so you sweat like crazy). Then, of course, we need to get in the pool to cool off.
It was a great time. I managed to take advantage of everything the gym has to offer that day: tanning, cardio, weights, hot tub, steam room, sauna and the pool. And when I left, oh my goodness ladies, I felt like a new person. My head felt so clear and my body was ache free. It really was a glorious feeling!!!! But then my "over-eater" part of my brain kicked in and I went to Chipotle, go figure! One step at a time I guess. :)








3 comments:
Hey, everyone needs a 6 lb. burrito after working their butt off! :-)
Just go back again and sweat it off. Sounds nice. The food too ;)
LOL... Sarah & I used to hit up the steam room, too! It feels weird and you wanna run out the door screaming, & belly dive into the pool, but it does seem to do something, cleaning out environmental & mental toxins, I think!
Hey & Chipotle... that's right, you can't overdo it!
Post a Comment