Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Why I Blog

Someone asked me yesterday how I can blog? How I can write all that personal stuff for everyone to see?

Well, the answer is simple: Because I can and because it is cheaper than therapy!

I started this blog as a way to keep up with family and friends that are far away from me. I began this blog to share photos my Jared and I and our friends and allow my grandparents and aunts and uncles that I rarely see an opportunity to see into my life. It started like that, but it has become so much more.

Sometimes, when I write things down it is like the stress is coming out of my neck, through my arms and out of me through the keys I punch. Do I write about EVERYTHING? No, but there aren't many bloggers who DO write everything. There are some very brutally honest, candid blogs out there where nothing is held back and I commend those people for being so brave and, I have to say, those blogs are a pleasure to read.

I try to keep personal family matters out of it, not because I don't wanna talk about it, but because I have a duty to protect the personal business of my family. I told Jared last night that if I really wanted to have a blog where I wrote EVERYTHING I wouldn't be able to give anyone that blog address. I would just let it sit out in blogshere like a secret online journal that's really not-so-secret. I'd be better off having one of those diaries with a lock and key like I did when I was a kid if there are things I wanted to write that no one would see.

The reality is, I love to blog. I have been able to catch up with old friends, meet new friends, get advice, give advice and just offer and receive support from others. When we first moved up here and I was sad, lonely and scared, I blogged about it and I received an enormous amount of support from people I know and people I don't know. They encouraged me to keep my head up, have faith and everything will work out. Those words of encouragement mean the world to me.

So, there it is. This is why I do it. :) Why do you all do it?

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I agree! Blogging is a great escape! You can vent or just throw out random crap you've been thinking about, to give others something to think about it! I just started a few months ago, but I'm already addicted!

Sherry said...

I totally agree you can't write EVERYTHING. LOL, but like you said it gives family and friends far away more of a daily connection and see what you're up to. They don't have to know every detail.

Unknown said...

I blog because its a creative outlet. I use to write in a journal everyday and then I would write in Kenley's baby book but that soon became too time consuming. So, why not combine those two things, post it for my friends and family who are thousand miles away to see, so they too can keep caught up on our lives? Thats why I blog. Keep bloggin. I love reading and glad we became friends from this bloggin experience.

Julie said...

All of the above reasons....

And...to...kill...time...at...WORK! :)

Love ya & miss ya!

Stacy Birk said...

You gals are great!!!!!! I Heart all my bloggie friends. :)

Sarah said...

I love to blog because like you, it is a great outlet. I can talk and brag, and bitch. And people READ IT ;) I love to get the feedback and see how people feel about my writings. Sometimes I too wish I could write EVERYTHING, but like you said, some things are better kept private. Plus I like knowing people are reading my stuff.

I am sending you a bloggy hug from Kansas. Keep blogging strong sister.