RIP Jenny
My mom's cat was put to sleep yesterday. They said she was in the advanced stages of kidney failure. She was close to 12 years old and lived a full life, but still had so much love to give. Mom didn't really notice she was sick until last week when Jenny had stopped eating and then, would barely move. After a trip to the vet late last week, they thought she was having tooth pain. They gave her some medicine and then took many tests just to make sure. It were those test that told us that she was in severe pain and could not be helped.
She was a great cat and I am saddened to see her go, but I am more sad for my mother who has lost her buddy, her comrade and her best friend.
Jenny was a gift from a neighbor in El Dorado for my sister. She was just a little thing back then, with thin grey tabby hair, button nose and tiny little claws that could draw an amazing amount of blood for such a tiny creature. Alicia and her became real good friends. Jenny and I were close too, but I had my good ole' Golden Retriever Rosie, so Jenny and I were never as close as Rosie and I.
Jenny fit our family like a glove. Heck, even Rosie, who was scared of her in the beginning, grew fond of this little bundle of energy. I remember many times Jenny would chase Rosie around or jump out at her trying her best to get big ole Rosie to play with her. Rosie didn't want anything to do with her for a while, she always looked a little disgusted with us in the beginning for ever bringing this creature into HER house. Jenny, as small and young as she was, even treated Rosie like her mom and tried to cuddle and lay with her. Rosie would usually get up and move away all the while giving us that look of disgust. Eventually, they grew close and Rosie and Jenny often played together and even laid together at the top of the basement steps peering down at Alicia and I. That is a sight that I will cherish and remember forever. Even as Rosie's face grew grey, her nose turned black and her health failed, Jenny did her best to keep Rosie engaged, playful and happy. (Sorry I have no pictures, I STILL need to invest in a flatbed scanner cause I have some really cute pics of Jenny and Rosie that I could share)
They say that animals mourn the loss of other animals just like humans do. When Rosie passed away, mom said Jenny felt that loss. She would walk around the house aimlessly as if looking for her big furry pal to come running up to her.
Over the years, the household changed as Alicia and I moved out and moved on to other lives and other pets. But one person was constant, my mom. Mom and Jenny grew incredibly close. In fact, Alicia and I would rarely see Jenny on our trips back home because she would be so scared of ANY company. She was a nice cat, just very cautious and afraid of unknown things. But her and mom got along great. She would cuddle with my mom, be a constant companion and bring humor to her life. I was glad she was around when my dad was gone for work and especially glad she was there to comfort my mom when she lost electricity last year in the huge ice storm that hit Tulsa.
Mom, I think you need to get yourself another little kitty. Maybe a little calico one like Jada! :)
May you rest in peace our cute little tabby Jenny! We love you!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
She was a good little grey tabby
Posted by Stacy Birk at 9/09/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
My boss has kittens he is trying to get rid of. He thinks he may have to have them put down if he can't find them homes. They are really cute but I am not a cat person. She can come visit and take all 4 of them home!
Post a Comment