Thursday, July 31, 2008

100 things about me

cause my gal Sarah challenged us

I have to say I kinda like these blog challenges and topics. It is fun. So, Sarah's challenge to her bloggers was to come up with a list of 100 things that, maybe, no one knows about you. It sounds like a long task, but I am gonna give it a whirl since everyone else is.

1. I was only 5 lbs when I was born
2. I was born with a severe case of strabismus (crossed eyes)
3. My mom was worried that I was blind
4. My Paw paw thought I looked Chinese :)
5. I had surgery on my eyes when I was one and went through vision therapy in high school
6. But I will always have problems with my eyes
7. And when people say something or tease me about my eyes it really hurts my feelings
8. I moved from Oklahoma to Kansas when I was 9
9. My first boyfriend was Nick Engels (he was also my first kiss)
10. I was engaged right out of high school
11. But didn't marry him and I am glad I didn't
12. I have a big mouth
13. And many times it has gotten me into trouble. But I am working on it, as always
14. I cry very easily
15. I often cry when I watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition
16. I love Mexican food
17. My mother has leukemia
18. and I worry about her all the time
19. I worry about my dad traveling all the time
20. I hurt my sister very badly
21. and I am not sure if we will ever be the same
22. I cannot stands friends of "convenience"
23. I am almost always on time
24. I hate waiting on people
25. I still miss my golden retriever Rosie
26. I felt responsible for her dying because she got sick when I moved away to college
27. I often talk to my friends and family that have passed when I drive long distances in my car
28. I wish I would have been closer to my PePaw before he died
29. I wish I was closer to all my relatives
30. I tried to play tennis in middle school
31. I completely failed at it
32. I tried to play volleyball in middle school
33. I was ok... best server on the C Team :)
34. I love to sing
35. I was in showchoir in high school
36. I participated in musicals through middle school and high school
37. I had my wisdom teeth out in high school
38. I was the Editor-in-Chief of the Butler County Community College Newspaper, The Lantern
39. I miss Kansas
40. I miss my parents
41. I light up when I get home and my little kitty Jada is waiting for me
42. I crave salt more than sugar
43. I suck at eating healthy
44. But I am trying with the help of Weight Watchers
45. I bought my first house at 24
46. My first real job was a sacker at Dillons in El Dorado
47. I am a planner
48. My husband is not a planner
49. However, my husband is better with money than I am
50. Jared and I have been through many difficult times
51. But we made it through and I think it makes us stronger
52. He has been there for me when others haven't
53. I want kids so bad that my heart aches whenever I see a precious baby
54. But I am scared to death to be a parent
55. I love pickled okra
56. I am proud to say I was born in Oklahoma
57. I love summer and hot weather
58. but I hate humidity
59. and I refuse to drive on ice
60. I miss my job in Kansas
61. I wake up every morning with a back ache and neck pains
62. My chiropractor told me a year ago that I was the most messed up, out of wack 26 year old she has ever seen
63. I love Rx medications
64. But not in a drug addict kinda way
65. I work in drug and alcohol prevention
66. I am so proud of my husband for turning his life around
67. I am kind of a home body, even though I don't like to admit it
68. I have severe allergy and sinus issues
69. My dream is to someday live on the water, somewhere
70. I have a potty mouth that I have been trying to improve on
71. I collect shot glasses
72. and, sadly, I used to collect Beanie Baby bears
73. I dislike people who think they are better than everyone else
74. I drink a glass of milk in the morning and one before bed
75. I am very much loving the blogging scene
76. I am an emotional eater... every time I have any kind of emotion, I think I need to eat
77. I love all kinds of music
78. My first concert was New Kids on the Block in 1990 (and I am going to see them again this fall)
79. I wish I was athletic and competitive
80. The only thing I am competitive at is karaoke contests
81. I won 2nd place my first karaoke contest at the Prairie Port Festival in El Dorado in 2001.
82. I won first place at a karaoke contest in Pittsburg in 2003. The prize was $400
83. and I beat a guy that already had some lame recording deal, haha. He thought he was real cool. NOT!
84. My first car was a 1986 Honda Accord
85. I loved that car
86. When I look into Jared's eyes I feel safe
87. I am nervous when I make new friends
88. I have a hard time relaxing, which would explain the chiropractor one earlier in the list.
89. I am so proud of my dad for everything he has accomplished and provided for our family.
90. I am sooooo grateful I had a normal childhood with loving parents
91. I think about my sister every day
92. I worry about the future, alot
93. I worry about everything actually
94. I like to say I am laid back, but I am far from it
95. I have a hard time REALLY listening to people. I have been working on it for a while now. It is like a continuous training I have to give myself
96. I miss all my old friends from college and high school
97. I am SEVERLY jealous of people, another thing I have gotten better at over the years but it still bugs me
98. I learned more about politics and government from working at a newspaper than I did in high school and college
99. I am addicted to reality tv and social networking sites
100. I am OCD about clutter around the house in the open, but still wish I was more organized in the hidden places (closets, drawers, etc.)


:)

4 comments:

Misty said...

So I think I knew about 60 of the 100, not bad considering that I may have learned some of them and more that I can't remember while in a piano bar. Hahahha

Stacy Birk said...

haha... I figured you would know them. I can think of soooo many more once I got started. Like how random I am and how I speak in movie quotes and can sing a song based on just about any word or phrase anyone says. But, hell... you know all those :)

Sarah said...

It was fun wasn't it! I could have kept going too. I can still think of more things, but 200 would probably bore my readers. ha

Good read

Anonymous said...

Yay! That was fun to read. What a neat idea. I always get a new perspective on people when I read things like this. I feel the same way about a lot of the things you commented on.