and roll, and roll
Have I told you about my new friend Julie? She is a pretty neat gal. I met her about a month ago at a Young Professionals Network luncheon I attended. I thought it would be a great way to meet people my age and I was right. I sat down at a table, not knowing anyone and struck up a conversation with her. It didn't take long for us to find out that we live in the same apartment complex, we both have communication degrees, she has a cat just like me, and she loves to karaoke. :) Needless to say, I was happy to have made a new friend.
We decided to attend the pool party that our apartment complex was having that weekend. I was joking with Jared and Hicks saying that I have a date with my new friend and that I was nervous, haha. In reality, I was a little nervous. Making friends is hard sometimes, especially in a new place. Will we get along? Will we like the same things? What if she is freakin crazy and I don't like her? Well, she is crazy, but in a good way, haha.
So, we went to the pool party and had a blast and we've been hanging out ever since.
Last night she invited me to Karaoke at the Elks Lodge. Well, I can't turn down a good karaoke night, so I went and luckily Jared was able to come as well. We had a great time and met even more people.
Here's a couple of photos from our "Night at the Elks Lodge"
Have a wonderful day everyone!









1 comments:
Oh no, you have your "It's the freakin' weekend time to have fun" shirt. Sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment