Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shopping Adventure

solve this puzzle for me...


Stacy lives in the Eastern time zone wants to go shopping at the Lighthouse Premium Outlets in Michigan City, an hour away, on Saturday. Michigan City is in the Central time zone and Stacy wants to be there by the time they open at 9 a.m. She has to be back for a hair appointment at 3 p.m. What time does Stacy need to leave to arrive there by 9 and what time does she need to leave to make it back for her hair appointment?

Ok, so it isn't THAT difficult of a puzzle, but I had to give it some serious thought before Julie and I trekked over there for our shopping extravaganza. Of course, Julie has had many years of experience in calculating time differences, so she laughed at me a lot, haha.

We had a brilliant day. I had some birthday money Jared gave me so I decided to treat myself to a little shopping. These outlets in Michigan City are the best! There are sooooo many stores all in this outdoor area and most of the stores are designer, including Coach, Burberry, Nine West, Ann Taylor and Zales, plus places like Bath and Body Works, Nike, Adidas, Old Navy, Maurices, Banana Republic, J. Crew and the Gap. There are so many that this list doesn't even do it justice.

The first place we headed was the Coach outlet because I was determined to buy a new Coach purse and I was successful in that venture. I found a really cute one that was 50% of the already marked down price, which put it under $100 which is a steal for anything Coach. I was super happy!!!! :)



Next we went to Nine West for some hard core shoe shopping. I have never been a girl that has mastered walking in heels. I always see pairs that are cute, but I never buy them because I know I will fall flat on my face in front of a bunch of people and humiliate myself. I tried on a pink pair of strappy heels and I loved them. Heck, I even walked around a little bit and did well until I got an attitude and then lost my footing, haha. The pink pair was a little too big though and they didn't have the pink pair in a smaller size, so I settled on the silver pair. I adore them!


These were 2 of many purchases that day, but they were my favorites.

After grabbing some Subway we headed back to The Bend and I went for the FIRST time to get my hair dyed and cut without my fabulous hairdresser in Pittsburg :(. I was sad and nervous and felt kinda like I was cheating on her, haha. But, Tanita (who I also work with at the Drug Free Community Council) did a pretty good job on my hair, especially since she is fresh outta cosmetology school.

After "getting my hair did" I freshened up a bit and Julie and I went over to her friend Sharon's apartment in downtown and we had a few cocktails and then walked to Corby's (an Irish pub just down the street from my office AND the same bar that they filmed a scene in the movie Rudy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?)

We had a great time and I met a few more of Julie's friends (my circle is getting bigger everyday, haha). Actually, her friend Amber's family originated in Harper, Kansas and she goes back there every 4 years for a huge reunion. She is also related to the former Miss. Kansas. Weird huh? Jared and Hicks went to a Cubs game that day (they got free tickets from one of their customers) and Jared met a guy that was from El Dorado, Kansas. What are the odds, really? I wish he would have got his name, it would have been interesting to see who it was.

It was a grand weekend! :)

0 comments: