Monday, July 7, 2008

Exhausted from a long weekend

whew, i need a nap already


Hope everyone had a grand holiday weekend. I know we did.


After our karaoke extravaganza on Thursday, the boys went into work on Friday to make sure all the customers were set for the Fourth. I, however, headed to the apartment pool with Julie for some MUCH NEEDED sun and relaxation. We spent about 3 hours soaking up the sun, chit-chatting, and reading (I started reading Marley and Me and I love it so far).

Then, after a nap, the boys came home and we headed to our favorite restaurant, Texas Land and Cattle Company. YUM YUM. Then we went to the Landing, a bar on the south side of town that has a huge outdoor deck where they have live bands. They had a pretty good classic rock cover band there, so that made us happy. We were able to watch the fireworks, listen to music and have a few drinks in the wonderful evening weather.

Saturday we were on a massive manhunt for a classic Nintendo! We all started talking about it on Friday night and decided, by golly, we were gonna get one! We found a place not far from our apartment that sells used CDs, DVDs, video games and, you guessed it, classic Nintendos. They have several that need to be fixed, but once they are fixed, we are the first on their list of people to call, haha! We already bought a few games in anticipation for this event. I can't wait!!!!!! :)



The rest of the day Saturday was spent relaxing and cleaning the house from top to bottom.

Yesterday we met a customer at the High Winds Casino in New Buffalo, Michigan (about 45 minutes away from us). It was my first time to ever be in Michigan, which was about the only good thing about it. The boys were on a power trip because last week they BOTH managed to net $1,000 from the Blue Chip casino in Michigan City. They THOUGHT they were unstoppable. Well, needless to say... that $1,000 was gone and it was like we hadn't even been to either one of the casinos, haha. At least it was the winnings from the Blue Chip we lost and not our life savings! But, we still managed to have fun and got a free meal off Dan, the customer that met us up there. We had jumbo kings crab legs... YUMM-O (as Rachael Ray would say).

After that long and exciting weekend it is hard to believe that I am staring at my computer screen at work. I'd much rather be sleeping :)

Happy Monday to everyone! Drink up the coffee and pop!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great weekend recap! Sounds like fun. Yes more coffee please!!

Unknown said...

Classic nintendos are the best!! I have one and I love it!! I especially love the game Contra which cost me more than anything else for it!! They are def. worth the wait!!