Friday, July 11, 2008

Steak Dinner and Nintendo!

it couldn't have been any better of a day

I had a fabulous day yesterday folks! At 7, we headed to Ruth's Chris for our real fancy dinner. It was GREAT! I had petite filet with shrimp and I even got a chocolate mouse cheesecake for my birthday, YUM. The boys both had pretty good food too (we all had to try a little bit of everyone's haha).

Then we headed to the used media store to see if our Nintendo was (FINALLY) ready. AND IT WAS! Happy Birthday to me, haha.

So, the rest of the evening was spent re-learning all the games we loved as kids. Jared pretty much remembered everything, however I needed some practice. It didn't help either that we got stuck with a controller that the B button didn't work on and the other one was a different one we weren't used to using. But, we will get that exchanged later. :)
Either way, I am pretty sure we were the coolest people in Indiana last night with our old school Nintendo! Cheap entertainment for old people like us that are living in the past :)

Here's some photos from our dinner and our Nintendo extravaganza!!! Jared was dominating at Super Mario Bros. 2, I was doing great on Super Mario Bros. 3 and Hicks was dominating on Mike Tyson's Punch Out. :)


3 comments:

Sherry said...

Ah, I miss old school nintendo. Mario and Luigi Rock!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a good birthday. I think just being able to enjoy those strawberries would be enough birthday fun for me. You should try searching for old Nintendo stuff on Craig's List. Take care and have fun!!

Misty said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like so much fun but I would beat you at Zelda any day!!!!!