Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chunky girl, NO MORE

that's it... i'm back on weight watchers


Let me preface this blog by saying that I am the world's worst dieter. I wouldn't even call it yo-yo dieting, cause I don't really try out the new and trendy diets. I have tried few diets with some success, but it never sticks for long. It is just that I like to eat and I wanna eat what I want, when I want it. Is that too much to ask, really? :)



But, my poor body has suffered over the years because of my "I eat what I wanna eat" attitude. I was elated last year when I managed to lose about 15 lbs. before my wedding. But that was in part to my good friend Dr. Murphy and a Phentermine Rx.

Besides the use of prescription drugs, the other diet I've had success with is the Weight Watchers plan (or as they say it is not a diet, it is a way of life). I have several friends who have been successful on this diet and it is easy to follow - here's how many points you get, don't go over it!

I used Weight Watchers online several years ago and did fairly well. It helps when I have to constantly keep track of what I eat and plan accordingly. The best part? I can STILL eat all the yummy things I like, I just have to work on my portion control, which is my biggest issue!

The two mistakes I made last time were: 1. I didn't exercise and 2. I didn't use the recipes on the Weight Watchers website. I kept eating the same things, mostly because they were easy. I ate sandwiches, soup, and Smart Ones meals, mostly. I got really sick of it. So, I slowly eased into my "I eat what I wanna eat" mentality and before you knew it I had gained back every pound I had lost.

Well, this time (I HOPE) will be different. I have been on the website looking for recipes and I have been exercising. I am looking for a Zumba or Spinning class I can join, but all the ones I have found are REALLY EXPENSIVE. Don't they know poor people need to lose weight too? :)


Hicks and Jared are also looking to lose a few pounds, so I hope they will be supportive and will maybe even enjoy the meals I make from the Weight Watches recipes!

Wish me good luck everyone, I KNOW I will need it!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

GOOD LUCK! I am a weight watcher girl. I still have 20 pounds to lose, and for some reason have gotten too comfortable at my current weight. But ww does work if you work it. I am an online member so maybe I will see you on the chat rooms from time to time. I go to the Newbies Welcome room.

You can do it.

Sarah said...

Oh, one more thing. I added this blog to my page you should too.

http://weightwatchers-recipes.blogspot.com/

It is slow sometimes, but it is full of ww food.

;)

Sherry said...

Good luck! I'm still trying to lose some weight too. It's so hard. Let me know if you find some good recipes.

Daugherty said...

good luck
i hope it all "works out" for you.