it wasn't the BEST time I've ever had
So, my trip to Indy wasn't real exciting. It was for a Mental Health Conference that was geared toward the Corrections community. So, needless to say, I was a little out of my element. I am used to working with schools, communities and youth and in my new role we are focused on relapse prevention in the correctional facilities and after the convicts re-enter society. It is fascinating to me and I am eager to learn, but it was just a little hard for me to grasp. But... I WILL get it eventually :)
But, that wasn't even the worst part. This conference was held at the Adam's Mark Hotel at the airport in Indianapolis. My advice to you... DON'T ever stay there and NEVER host a conference there! The hotel staff were rude, the rooms were not impressive and the food at the conference was atrocious. A former inmate said it was worse than prison food!!!
We finally got away from the hotel on Tuesday night and went to downtown Indy, which I really liked! I am sure I will get to explore more of downtown Indy in the near future, haha. I will be about as tired of Indy as I was of Topeka.
I hope to post a picture later and have a story of hope and rehabilitation from a former inmate who has completely changed his life. I know... I was skeptical too, but what this man has done with his life is amazing.
Have a Happy Thursday everyone!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
My disappointing trip to Indy
Posted by Stacy Birk at 6/26/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
I am glad your upbeat today. Have a great Thursday!
Post a Comment