there's no one like him

Since tomorrow is Father's Day, I figured I better roll out my special Father's Day blog just for my daddy.
My childhood was a grand one filled with laughter, fun, and learning all because of my father. I think ALL dads a supposed to be a little crazy and silly, but my dad topped them all, haha. I remember running down the hall screaming and laughing when the "bellet attacker" would come after me and Alicia. He would stick his hands out in a scary stance, put his bottom teeth out over his top lip and chase us around and tickle us like crazy. I remember him hiding behind doors and jumping out to scare us "RRRAAAAAARRR".
I remember hanging out in the garage with him while he worked on endless house and yard projects. I would hand him tools and he would tell me what he was doing and how we was doing it. Although I still have little ability in the carpentry area, I can say the little that I do have I learned from dad.
I remember laughing as he danced around the living room to John Cougar Mellencamp and how he would make up crazy songs with words Alicia and I had never heard. As we got a little older we were embarrassed by him, but I have to say that I remember EVERY song and phrase he ever said to me and I am sure my kids will hear it too, haha!
I remember how driven he was, and still is, to being the best he can be at his job, as a husband and as a father. Like I said before... there is no one quite like Robert Drennan and I proud to call him dad.
So, thank you dad for teaching me how to stand strong, be the best I can be and never give up (I think I got my work ethic and professionalism in the workplace from you). Thank you for making Alicia and I laugh and always taking time to listen to us and be there for us. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband to mom. Thank you for always being there for me when I needed you the most. And, thank you for giving me the most vivid and special memories that will stick with throughout eternity. You are the best and I love you!








1 comments:
sweet. ;) I hope he gets to read this.
Post a Comment