the camry can't catch a break
So, some kid backed out of their parking stall at the apartment today and hit Jared, in the Camry, as he was driving along. Which means we ALMOST went an entire year without an incident (as many of you recall, a girl pulled out in the front of me last July and almost totalled my car).
It isn't a bad dent, it is on the door of the passenger side. And his car, of course, looked untouched (it ALWAYS happens that way doesn't it?)
Jared says he honked and yelled right before he hit him. Then he called me, because apparently I have been in a lot of wrecks and I know what I am doing (which probably isn't something to be proud of). So I walked down there and this poor kid had his DL out, his insurance card, had written everything but his shoe size on this piece of paper. I felt kinda bad for him, he had never been in a wreck before. I remember that feeling, it isn't fun, especially when it is your fault. But, we were nice and cordial and got all his information and told him our insurance would be contacting his. No need to file a police report, it was in a parking lot anyway (so they can't do anything), there were no injuries and we weren't blocking traffic.
So, I guess we will see what happens. This poor car will have all new parts if this kind of stuff keeps happening. Maybe we should have kept the Dakota :)








3 comments:
But if you don't do a police report, isn't it his word against yours, since his looked untouched? Hopefully he isn't a slimeball like that.
In a parking lot all the police do is give you a form and you fill it out on your own and turn it in. They don't do any investigations or determinations, so it is pointless. So, it will always be his word against ours, but he knew what he did so I am sure he will not try to fight it.
That is good. ;)
Post a Comment