Monday, May 12, 2008

YAY for me!!!!

job interview on thursday

Got my first call for an interview today and I am pretty excited. It is for a part-time position with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation as a Special Events Assistant.

I am really looking for full-time employment, but have applied for just about everything, haha. So, even though it is part-time it will be something to consider if I am offered the job. As my mom mentioned, I can always take a part-time job and then start having babies! :)

The interview is not until Thursday so I will let you all know how it goes.

Tomorrow I am meeting up for lunch with the local coordinator of the Afternoons R.O.C.K. after school program. It is a state-wide program but they have lots of centers in this area that provide the program AND you have to be certified in prevention to be considered as a site director, which I am certified in Kansas. Plus, she seems like she has been working in the field a long time and knows a lot of people so it will be a great networking opportunity.

Then, after my lunch meeting with Amanda, I am attending the South Bend Area Drug Free Communities Coalition with another person that I met 2 weeks ago when I first moved here. Her name is Janet and she basically does what I did in Kansas, so meeting up with her was a joy. She asked me to attend coalition with her and she plans to introduce me to everyone. She encouraged me to bring my resumes as well in case someone is hiring or possibly has a grant that gets funded. So, I am pretty excited about attending this meeting and hearing about all the great things they are doing here and possibly how I can get involved.

And, get this, this one job that I REALLY want (Prevention Coordinator for the Boys and Girls Club) the hiring manager for this position attends coalition!!!! So, it is time to put on the charm and roll out the big fancy words for this guy! :)

Things are starting to look up (I even made a friend at the exercise room).... wish me luck!!!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Good luck! Maybe you'll be swimming in job offers soon and you will have to decide which one you want!

Sarah said...

See, I told you things would turn around. It always does. Good Luck. You will do great!!!