Sunday, May 25, 2008

Our first trip to Lake Michigan

wow, that's a big freakin' lake

After a short day of work, Jared, Hicks and I decided to take the 45 minute drive (which feels like nothing because you drive back into Central time so you gain an hour, haha) to Michigan City.
The goal of this trip was to head to the casino and see if we can get lucky with the tiny bit of money we set aside to gamble. Which, I am happy to say, we made a profit of $367!!!! Now THAT'S what I call gambling! (Wish it would happen every time)

But before we headed to the Bluechip, Hicks took me by the huge area of premium outlet stores. The boys wouldn't let me shop, :( but I will definately be heading that way sometime soon! Then we headed towards the lake and looked at all the big vacation rental homes right on the water. We thought, "how expensive could these be to rent, really?". Then we started looking at all the cars in front of them.... Lexus, Mercedes.... So, maybe we CAN'T afford it.

Then we paid $6 just to go park at the beach because Hicks and I were determined to put our feet in the water. We got out of the car, kicked off our shoes and stuck our toes in the cold sand. It was a pretty nice day yesterday, but by the time we got to the lake it was overcast and starting to get chilly (it felt at least 10 degrees colder right there off the water and the wind was blowing like crazy). But, we didn't care. Jared hung back but Hicks and I walked down there and on the count of 3 walked our feet into the water. "Holy crap that is cold!" haha. But, it was worth it! I can't wait to head to the beach when it is warmer! It is such a beautiful lake and it feels like you are looking right out into the ocean. I absolutely love it!

Here are some photos from our lake adventure! (Excuse my wind-blown crazy hair)

You can see Hick's teeth chattering, haha! That water was so cold!


0 comments: