Thursday, May 8, 2008

Not a good day

i can feel the tears coming

Here I am in Mishawaka, IN with NO job, NO friends, NOTHING to do and NO "sold" sign on the house in Girard. Could my life get any worse at this point? Probably, but I sure hope not because I am not sure I can take it.

Everyday I sit and look for jobs and call about jobs and e-mail, fax and mail resumes and NOTHING. It makes me feel like I am worthless, like all these skills and talents I suppossedly have are worth shit here. I know these things take time, but I am tired of waiting. Even my trip to the temp agency wasn't promising. I really like the area, there are so many things to do and see and the people are nice too, but without a job and friends this place will not be worth anything to me. Damn good luck pig is a piece of crap!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Stacy, hold your head up. I can remember when I moved to Wichita from Pittsburg, I had no job, no boyfriend, my friends lived somewhere else. I had to live with my sister. I felt like crap. But slowly things got better.
Maybe your not looking outside the box, for jobs that are totally different than you think your qualified for. Just a thought. Friends is another thing. Maybe Jared could invite someone he works with to bring their spouse or girlfriend over for dinner or out to eat.

Hang in there girl. Change is hard, but worth it.

Anonymous said...

Stacy, try to remember that making the decision to leave everything behind and start new took time. Just like that decision, actually starting new will also take time. Put yourself out there and try something that you normally wouldn't do, like take an exercise class, join a sports team, or take up a new hobby as part of a group. I found when moving back to Denver that I needed to just put myself out there, be active, and meet people. It's hard, but you know what? Everyone has been in that position at one point. Cheer up. Good things always happen to good people, and you and Jared are two of the best!