Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's Official!!!!

i start on June 2

I received an offer for a contract position with the Drug Free Community Council in South Bend today! I am so excited and it is very likely that it will turn into a full-time (with benefits) position in August. I should receive anywhere from 20 to 40 hours a week, hopefully closer to 40 and the hourly rate is very good since it is contract work and I will be accounting for, and paying in my own taxes. That part sucks, as well as the fact that there are no benefits! But, Hicks and I figured it up on a calculator to see how much I need to put back each month. So as long as I stick to that, I won't get screwed by the IRS.

It will be a different way of doing work, but I knew a lot of people that did contract work in Kansas and never complained about it, so obviously it has perks!

Anyway, I had a phone interview today with the American Cancer Society as well. I felt like it went well, but you never know. I hope I receive a chance to interview with the director of the Mishawaka office.

Well, that is pretty much my life right now, haha, and STILL working at Jake's. I am getting better with the forklift and only got it stuck once this week and tipped a skid over the wrap machine only once... so I am doing well! :)

1 comments:

Sherry said...

Congrats on the job!