but not EXACTLY what I was wanting
So, Jared talked me into coming to work for Jake's to help pull orders until I find a job.
AARRRGGGHHHH!
I tried to push this back as much as I could. I used excuses like "I have way to too much to do" and "I am not strong enough to do that work". But, in the end, my dear husband won because, well, we DO need the money and, well, I DON'T have anything better to do. Plus, as he put it, it would be a great workout (I think he is trying to tell me something). :)
AARRRGGGHHHH!
I tried to push this back as much as I could. I used excuses like "I have way to too much to do" and "I am not strong enough to do that work". But, in the end, my dear husband won because, well, we DO need the money and, well, I DON'T have anything better to do. Plus, as he put it, it would be a great workout (I think he is trying to tell me something). :)
So, Friday was my first day. The pro... I get to drive a forklift. The con... I get to drive a forklift.
But, overall it wasn't too bad. Take the order sheet, find the product, put it on a skid. TRY to stack it up as high as you can, which is hard for a shortie and weakling like myself. Wrap the skid, weigh it, and stage for sending out. Not to incredibly hard except some of the boxes are too heavy for me AND I am definately still perfecting the art of driving a forklift. The good news.... I haven't hit anything yet. The bad news, that was just day one. :)Working with Jared wasn't too bad either. He was patient and a great teacher. We got along really well when we worked the firework tent in Louisiana, so I figured we would do ok on Friday. Plus it helped that I had previous experiene working with the product. But, I don't know about a WHOLE summer working in the warehouse with him. I think we would go crazy! haha
OH SOMEONE PLEASE CALL ME ABOUT A JOB!!!!!!!!!
IN OTHER NEWS.....
OH SOMEONE PLEASE CALL ME ABOUT A JOB!!!!!!!!!
IN OTHER NEWS.....
Our patio door is quite to spot to see the neighborhood wildlife. There is a pond right behind our apartment so there are constant ducks, geese and now baby geese that waddle by our door (peeking in to see if we have bread). I think most of the bread we buy goes to those stinkin' birds.
Besides the ducks and geese we have also spotted rabbits and squirrels and today we saw a chipmunk! It was soooo cute. Jared said he didn't know if his name was Alvin, Simon or Theodore... haha. I named him Alvin, cause he didn't have glasses and was bigger than Theodore. :)
IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS......Jared brought home this GORGEOUS flower bush from the grocery store today for me. He said he had a surprise in the back seat and there it was. He is soooo sweet. He knows I have been wanting to plant some flowers (and hey we had our stimulus check so, might as well. Thanks U.S. Treasury). But, the poor guy didn't read the tag about the flowers. It is a bush, which means it needs to be planted in the ground (which is not an option at an apartment). :( So, I could try it in a large planter box, but it probably won't survive. So, it looks like this beautiful plant will now adorn the lawn of the Jake's Warehouse in Elkhart. Hopefully it will make the place a little brigher and hopefully it will survive.


OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT........
The U.S. Treasury also treated us to a meal at our favorite restaurant Texas Land and Cattle Company. They have the BEST smoked sirloin! It is soooo tender and just melts in our mouth. Hicks went with us and it was a grand time!
The U.S. Treasury also treated us to a meal at our favorite restaurant Texas Land and Cattle Company. They have the BEST smoked sirloin! It is soooo tender and just melts in our mouth. Hicks went with us and it was a grand time!










1 comments:
Wow forklift driving scares me. Good luck! I am glad your earning some green, and those pics are cute of the wildlife and bush.
Post a Comment