you are not going to believe this
So, here I am carrying in groceries from the store and I stop to open a piece of mail from T-Mobile, my cell phone provider. It says, and I am para phrasing here, due to the high amount of calls made while roaming we will be cancelling your service as of May 28. Apparently they have been "monitoring" accounts and if you have a high usage of calls made out of network or while roaming they are just going to cancel you and make you go to a new service provider. WHAT?
Well, my so-called "service area" they are referring to was Pittsburg. There was a strong tower in Pittsburg, but not in Girard where we lived. I believe I was operating off of a Cingular tower or something. I NEVER thought anything of it because I was 15 minutes away from Pittsburg and the purpose of a "MOBILE PHONE" is to be "MOBILE"!!!!
Well, now I am in Mishawaka, which has a T-Mobile tower and I have a strong signal.
The letter said I could take my number to another cellular company or just get new service all together. Well, I REALLY don't wanna have to get a whole new plan at a new place with a whole new number, especially since I am job hunting and have given my current number out to a lot of people. Eventually I will get a local number, but not yet. Secondly, I don't even wanna switch companies right now and have to pay additional fees to get a new phone, etc.
So, I made a call to this place called T-Mobile.
The woman was very nice and I completely understand that it is not her fault, it is T-Mobile's fault. She even said, herself, that she thought the new policy was hurting business and that there were thousands of people who were going to be cancelled. Once I explained to her that I had moved to a bigger coverage area she happily changed my account so that it WOULD NOT be shut off on May 28. Hopefully!
What about people who travel all the time like my dad? What about people that live out in the country and only have access to one tower but want a certain cell company? I am sorry T-Mobile, but I think it is bad business to tell a customer of 5 plus years that they are not worth your time anymore and just cancel them. Wouldn't it be better to have me as a customer on roaming than not have me as a customer at all? Apparently when it came to Great Business 101 and Customer Service 101, T-Mobile was asleep in a back of the classroom.
I'll stick with you for a while longer just because I don't have the money to switch right now, but once my contract is up you can guarantee that I will be looking for a cell phone company that WANTS my business and APPRECIATES customers who travel and live outside the coverage area.
I'll stick with you for a while longer just because I don't have the money to switch right now, but once my contract is up you can guarantee that I will be looking for a cell phone company that WANTS my business and APPRECIATES customers who travel and live outside the coverage area.BOYCOTT T-MOBILE!!!!








2 comments:
I have one word for you... VERIZON
I would not trade them for anyone and there are no roaming fees. At least I have never been charged any and I have been all over with my phone.
Well, I have never paid ANY roaming charges through them, they are just being stupid. I used to have Verizon in El Dorado and I liked them until they screwed me over on a few things too. At this rate, I won't be able to get a cell phone plan anywhere, haha! :)
Post a Comment