we are about 3.5 hours from South Bend
Well, we left today, Tuesday, at about noon and decided we would drive most the way and then stay the night so that by the time we arrived on Wednesday we would have plenty of time to unload the truck and we won't be as exhausted as we would have if we drove the entire way. So, we stopped just outside of Champaign, IL and got a room at the Microtel Hotel. WHOAH... what a nice place ;)! I thought our house was small, but this room is TINY
Overall, our drive went really well. The sun was shining, traffic was good. Hell, even rush hour through St. Louis wasn't bad. KC is far worse than that traffic, haha. I had been to St. Louis before, year ago, when I worked for Dr. Coleman. But this time I got to see the Arch. It was pretty neat, but hard to look at when you are driving in rush hour traffic and staring at the back end of a Budget moving truck. I think that Budget logo and colors are forever engrained in my memory. :)
Jada did pretty good through this first leg of the trip. When we first got in the car she was meowing like crazy and wouldn't sit still. After about 30 minutes of that, she laid in her carrier and slept most the way. She woke up a few times to tell me hello, look around and get a bite to eat... but that's about it. She seems happy to be in the hotel room. HAHA
Well, better get some shut eye before the drive tomorrow. I don't know when I will get access to the internet again, so if you don't hear from me in the next few days have faith.... I will find a way!!!
Love you all!!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Nothin' like a night in a shoebox
Posted by Stacy Birk at 4/22/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment