oh how I love SEK
I have blogged a lot about my time in southeast Kansas but I haven't really talked about all the things I love about this area of the state. So I thought I would make a little list for you of all the great memories I have from my 6 years in SEK.
Those of you native to the area, or who have lived here as long as I have, will appreciate these.
Enjoy!
- Fishing in the strip pits and being a little leery of anything that you catch on your fishing pole (darn Frontenac mafia put all kinds of bodies in those pits) :)
Chicken Annie's and Chicken Mary's (first time I ever had chicken and spaghetti on a plate together... thought it was kinda weird. But now, I love it (except when I have to smell it at Greenbush all the time). Oh and the German potato salad.... yummy. - Big Brutus (Oh yes my friends... SEK has the largest steam shovel ever!! At least we are known for something)
- Dollar night in Walnut with Marla
- Karaoke night at JBs
- Pitt State Football Games! Go Gorillas!!!
- Climbing the 58 million flights of stairs at Russ Hall just that stinkin' government class on the top floor that I HATED.
- Dance night at Mooremans (can't move like a used to so this is a very distant memory... haha)
- Chatters (need I say more!)
- Dealing with construction on highway 69 to KC
- Connie's cooking at Sundowners... YUMMY!!!!
- My 311 Club family (Home of the Slim Jim)
- The May 4, 2003 tornado (I was working at the Girard Press at the time. I drove highway 7 south to 126 to go home to Pittsburg. I later found out about 5 minutes after I got onto highway 126 the tornado passed over highway 7. WHEW... that was close.)
- Late nights at the Girard Press with Mary Ann and Brandy
- Late nights at the Morning Sun with Jessie, Shawna and Sherry (we hated it, but we tried to have fun)
- BBQ's at Jamie's house and swimming in the kiddie pool with Jace
- The day Jace was born, January 10, 2003 (Jamie was sooo nervous!)
- Going out to Mo-Kan to watch the drag races with the boys
- The fire in downtown Fort Scott
- The good ole' days of the Bachelor (watching it with Brooke at McCarthy's when they had free pizza for all the girls) That was awesome!!!
- Dr. Fog's Legal and Social Environment of Business class (she was so quirky... but we all loved her)
- Good times in the dorm with Sherry
- Laying outside at Summerfield watching the stars with Jared (I know, I know... how mushy-gushy. But the guy has a romantic side)
- Winning the big Karaoke contest at McCarthy's and beating the cowboy guy that already had a record deal! That was AWESOME!!!!
- The Oval at Pitt State
- Stealing cups, and various other kitchen essentials, from the dining hall with Sherry. We were SUCH rebels :)
- Sherry and Chris's wedding
I could go on and on... but I bet I am boring some of you. haha. I will keep these memories close to my heart as I move on to make more in Indiana.








1 comments:
Seriously, we lived in the same town and apparently hit the same places. Did I even SEE you there?
Chatters...went there every Tuesday.
Mooreman's dance nights...we were at Mooreman's pretty much every night.
The Bachelor at McCarthy's...yep, was there. Ahmad said he'd buy a keg if Kellie Jo got picked.
And karaoke at JB's...I do remember hearing you sing "Did I shave my legs for this?" there one night.
Wow...we should have hung out sometime! ;-)
Post a Comment