Friday, April 18, 2008

That's it... I am marrying Jon Bon Jovi! Sorry Jared :)

what a rockin' good time

Misty and I before the Bon Jovi concert



Misty and I totally rocked out at the Bon Jovi concert last night! It was AMAZING. Let me say that again A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I have been to quite a few shows, but I have to say, Jon still knows how to work a crowd and move on that stage. And, might I add, his butt didn't look to bad either... even from nosebleed seats. :) Even the DUI-stricken Richie Sambora made it to the event with the band after his court appearance earlier this week. I was so glad he was able to be there... the show would not have been the same without him. He even sang "I'll Be There For You" and it was beautiful.

So, despite the fact that I have such a great time at the show, I have come to the conclusion that there are a lot of stupid people in the world that always seem to end up at the same concert as me and always manage to sit right behind me.

So, here we are, Misty and I, pumped up for this show. Daughtry comes out and they are rockin' the Sprint Center. Misty and I just love Chris Daughtry, so we are standing up, clapping, singing and dancing along with him. I slightly bump someone behind me slightly (not much elbow room in this place... way to packed in) and I turn and say to a man behind us "hey, sorry, haha, we like to dance around and have a good time." He says "no big deal, we like to drink and have fun too." So, I think to myself that they are cool, no big deal, this is going to be fun.

Well, I was wrong. Not two minutes later the girl sitting next to him taps me on the shoulder and Misty and I turned around. She said "I'm sorry, my husband does know what I want. Could you all sit down maybe every other song so we can see. All we can see is just a little bit through your shoulders." (might I add that this comment had a rather stuck up, better than you, bitchy undertone).

I wish you all could have seen my face. Misty just turns back around and leaves me to deal with this girl. Thanks Misty! My jaw seriously hit the floor. Could she SERIOUSLY be asking me SIT DOWN at a ROCK CONCERT? So, I just look at her and I said, "Are you serious? You really want me to sit down?" Her reply was "yeah, we paid for these seats and we want to see the show." I, still standing there trying to pick my jaw up off the floor (I bet I looked like a real bitch, but I didn't care at this point). "I said, "you know what? I can try... but I paid for these tickets too and I can't make you any promises when Bon Jovi comes out!" Of course then they were like "Oh , yeah, I understand".

Then one of the guys in their group actually said to me at that point that he would get security if it was a problem. Um, first of all.... the only problem is YOU (I didn't say this but I totally wanted to) and I seriously doubt they are going to kick anyone out of a rock concert for standing up. But, go ahead and try to get someone who will.

So they basically wanted us to sit down every other song while Daughtry was on. Are are freakin' kidding me? IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE ROCKIN' OUT AND HAVING FUN, DO US ALL A FAVOR AND JUST STAY HOME! I mean, seriously.

Have a great weekend bloggers! We will be loading up a moving truck! FUN FUN :)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I can't believe that someone would ask you sit down at a rock concert!! WTF!!! They should have either stood up too or just stayed home and sat on their couch watcing TV.

Sarah said...

That would have almost ruined my night. You handled it pretty well, but if you had a beer in hand you should have thrown it on them.

Party poopers!
Glad you had fun.