Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ah, an afternoon at the Indiana BMV

Tuesdays are, apparently, the busiest days at this place and guess which day we picked


Jared took the afternoon off today and we headed to the Mishawaka BMV (yes, that's BMV, Bureau of Motor Vehicles) branch to get our vehicles tagged and get our new DLs. We come to find out as we walk in the door that Tuesdays are the busiest day at any branch. There was a long line of people and even more sitting down waiting.

Well, we took our place in line because we knew we needed to get them done (my tag was set to expire in 2 days and Jared's was past expiration). So we waited and in the wait time I realized I had forgotten to grab my birth certificate. I managed to get all Jared's stuff together in a nice envelope for him, but screwed mine up. Go figure! But, I found out quick that it didn't matter because I don't have a document proving residency yet (a bill sent to my new address), so I ended up having to wait on on my DL, but we did manage to get both our vehicles tagged and Jared passed his written test and was issued an Indiana DL. And all this only took us 2 hours to complete! haha. AND, get this... cheaper than Kansas!!!! Now, that's what I like to hear!!!

It was a long time to spend in the BMV. But everyone was surprisingly nice, not like the people I have met in the Pittsburg DMV and they did have a smooth process. So, I guess I will be heading back to the BMV within the next month to get my DL (hope I pass my test, haha)! Jared just had to rub it in that he had his new DL but I didn't. His goofy butt was even flashing his license in the back window of his truck to me when I was behind him on the way home. What an idiot! But, for some reason, I love him! :)
On another note, here's some photos from the last week and weekend in Kansas before we left!

0 comments: